cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a PReq and PO from Sales Order WITHOUT Sales Order Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to create a Purchase Requisition; and subsequently a PO; without making the transaction Sales Order Stock.  

What I am trying to accomplish is this:

1) Create a sales order that generates demand and creates a Purchase Requisition (PReq)

2) The PReq is then converted to PO to source materials from vendor

3) The goods are note treated as Sales Order stock....thus can be consumed by any other sales order

4) Note: ATP and MPR are not in scope for this project

You relevant responses will be greatly appreciated.

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

=====

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to create a Purchase Requisition; and subsequently a PO; without making the transaction Sales Order Stock. 

What I am trying to accomplish is this:

1) Create a sales order that generates demand and creates a Purchase Requisition (PReq)

2) The PReq is then converted to PO to source materials from vendor

3) The goods are note treated as Sales Order stock....thus can be consumed by any other sales order

4) Note: ATP and MPR are not in scope for this project

You relevant responses will be greatly appreciated.

James

=======

Just to clarify,

By not requiring Sales Order Stock, I meant that I do not need the stock booked to the Sales Order that generated the demand.  This is because I will be creating new sales orders with reference to the original sales order that generated the demand i.e. generated the PReq and PO.  These new sales orders will consume the stock. 

Example:

Sales Order A created with Item X = 1000 qty.

Sales Order A generates PReq 'G' of 1000*item X

PReq 'G' generates PO 'H' of 1000*item X

Children Sales Order 'y' and 'z' are created with reference to Sales Order 'A' with item X qty 400 and 600 respectively

I want Goods Receipt (GR) on PO 'H' not booked and blocked against Sales Order X (not make the stock Sales Order Stock) but GR puts stock in "unrestricted stock". 

This way,  Children Sales Order 'y' and 'z' can consume the stock, instead of being blocked again Sales Order X. 

I hope I was able to make it clear now

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

HI James,

Yes it can done.

My client has implemented this scneario.

You can configure this at schedule line cateogry level.

For example first you created one order, then item catoegry will be detemined, then from MRP Type + Item category, schedule line category will be determined.

You can determine it as a new one, lets say 'XX' . Then in VOV6 for XX you can maintain settings for Automatic PR Creation checkbox should be ticked. Settings as below:

Then from PR, you can schedule a batch job in system that use ME59 to create PO from PR.

Remember Automatic PO creation should be ticked in two places:

• Vendor Master Data
  • Material Master Data

Info Record should also be there containing the Price to be used in PO.

Other minor settings can also be adjusted as per your requirement.

let me know if any doubts in this scenario.

Regards,

Aayush Jain

SAP SD Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aayush.  This is how we had it configured but the Account Assignment Category indicator makes the stock a "Sales Order Stock" which means only the SO that created the PReq/PO can consume the stock when the vendor delivers it (after Goods Receipt) which my client does not want happen.  This is because the subsequent sales orders created from the reference SO, would not have stock to be delivered against if the stock is Sales Order Stock. 

No MRP or ATP is being used and we do not have plans to use these.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Its not possible to get the PR without sales order sock in standard SAP.If you dont have stock then your schedule lines wont confirm .So,you dont get PR from sales order.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If PR gets created from Sales order, you have to Convert PR to PO

using Account assignment category and Item category under your Schedule lines, system will assign the Sales document to the PO under Account assignment Tab page

Since you don't do delivery for Third party using Sales order, Stock will not get confirmed at your sales order. Moreover for Third party you are not doing delivery to customer, it will be done by vendor. so special stock is not required

Hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

0 Kudos

Hello!

i do not see any problem.

Set up Material Master for all components:

1. MRP view 4:  individual/coll =2 (make to stock)

2. MRP view 3: Strategy group - make to stock

3. Be sure that MRP group allows you to create PReq,. (MRP view 1)

4. Create sourse list which is MRP relevant. If you forget, Pur. Req. won't be assign to vendors.

5. First MRP must be Total MRP (MD01), Create Pur. Req =1 or 2 or  Planning Mode =3
That deletes and recreates Sales Order stocks, but not deletes Individual Stock for already opened Production Orders.

Finally MRP generates you Purchase Requisition not connected to Sales Order but to unrestricted stock with quantity according to MRP parameters set up like MRP Type, Lot Size so on.

You can convert them using ME59n.

Best Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Sales order stock is something controlled by Item Category.

Check your item category. Special stock field must be filled with option E.

If you remove this, I hope it will not create sales order stock.

Regards,

Raja Durai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

In this case the special stock assignment in done by account assignment category from purchasing.

I think you need to sit with MM person to see if you have a new item category without special stock (this is mandatory to have in schedule line).

I have one more question, what do you do with original sales order?

Please do post how you are acheiving this.

Regards,

M

0 Kudos

Sorry, now I read it more carefully.

If you don't run MRP - how you create Purchase Requisitions?
I am affraid, without running MRP SAP could could not balance you stock wih demads so scenario with make to stock (that is you requirements) could not be run.
Anyway for test please expand one material by MRP view and put:
Material Master MRP view 4 - if you select individual/coll =" " or 1 then system creates separate stock per sales order - that is trigger to create special stock.

if you select =2 then all demands should and stock should be for "common" use.

Marcin

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear .. i Am not clear on your issue but we can create sales order with out having stock

1) ovzi--t.code   maintain 11 and remove 041

2) ovzk--t.code maintain check box for your delivery item category

3) img-sale and distribution - basic function - availability check and transfer of requirement - availability check with atp logic or against planing- define procedure for each schedule lines  category

Here dont check schedule lines for ur availability check

plz let me know