Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Bar code on laser printer

gautam_totekar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can we directly print material numbers etc as BAR code on a laser printer as a label. We do not need to use zebra printers. How I would handle the pre printed stationary for smartform output. It is like 4 X 2 inches label. How should I design and which page format to use.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not exactly the same scenario for me, but I can confirm that I have bar codes come out of laser printers (Canon's) using a POST2 device type, which for me are Invoices/POs/Transfer Orders/Bill of Laiding...I would assume the same could be accomplished in the same manner for a 4 X 2.

As a test you could spool up a working label, print preview it and direct it to a laser printer to see what happens; depending on the outcome I would then try generating the label with a different device type, which could tell you if you need to get developers involved.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For printing barcodes from SAP, you need to use one of the methods described in SAP note 1557674. Methods 1 or 3 should be suitable with a PCL device type.

For  4 X 2 inches label size, you need to create a custom page format and assign it to the used device type. You need to use this custom page format in your SAPscript form or Smart Form.

Regards,

Aidan