cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to be done in ABAP Mapping after trasport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me what changes need to be done/precautions need to be taken in ABAP Mapping after trasporting them from one environment to the another?

Also,how to transport the ABAP Mappings?

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to do the transport of both the ABAP object and the mapping.

For the ABAP part use the ECC strategy of normal tranport STMS.

For the PI part you need to move the mapping part.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You do not need to make any changes in ABAP making after transport.

You need to create a transport number uisng SE01 or SE10 and include all your abap objects for abap mapping.

For PI objects create a CTS transport from ESR and release it.

Import both the transport numbers uisng STMS and then you are good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit and Indrajit,

Thanks for the help.

What ABAP objects need to be transported?Class,Interface,Method and how?

What ESR objects need to be transported?

Also,all the ABAP objects that need to be transported need any changes if the PI environment changes from say Dev to QA or any other environment?

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you create the abap class using se24 , it will ask for a transport number. Once you provide the transport number and save, all your abap objects will be save in that.

The ESR obejcts will be your data type, msg type, service interface,operation mapping.

No changes required for DEV to QA. Only you have make sure that the transport numbers imported in QA successfully and you can see all the objects there.

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For ABAP you just need to transport the program / class which you have developed. For Ex whatever you have developed in SE24.

For ESR you will need to move the Operation mapping as your ABAP class will have an entry over there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit and Amit,

Thanks for the help.

As I am supposed to simply migrate the ABAP mappings from one environment to the other,how to assign the class to the transport number?Is there any option in SE24 for transport the class?Only transporting class will be sufficient,right?How and where to check whether all those objects are successfully transported in another system?

One more thing,is there any blog for trasporting ABAP mapping?

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can you please guide me about this?

As I am supposed to simply migrate the ABAP mappings from one environment to the other,how to assign the class to the transport number?Is there any option in SE24 for transport the class?Only transporting class will be sufficient,right?How and where to check whether all those objects are successfully transported in another system?

One more thing,is there any blog for trasporting ABAP mapping?

Thanks and regards