cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation not yet implemented Error on Windows 8.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiving this error on couple of systems  that are updated to windows 8.1 when trying to export to pdf. I checked other solutions as to check for fonts used by the system etc. I am using Arial and Times New Roman and still getting the errors and even when i try to export a blank crystal report to pdf i am still getting the error.

Looks like its a Windows 8.1 and cystal reports compatibility issues.. Can you please look into it and prove me any solution?

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException:

Error in File C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\temp_4b2cba2f-3150-4a1a-a8fc-90329f7f9e09 {6934BD7A-CEF1-481C-8571-CC0E7A2CBFFF}.rpt:

Operation not yet implemented. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800003E7):

Error in File C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\temp_4b2cba2f-3150-4a1a-a8fc-90329f7f9e09 {6934BD7A-CEF1-481C-8571-CC0E7A2CBFFF}.rpt:

Operation not yet implemented.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass.Export(ExportOptions pExportOptions, RequestContext pRequestContext)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ConvertDotNetToErom.ThrowDotNetException(Exception e)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.ExportToDisk(ExportFormatType formatType, String fileName)

at kressScreeningApplication.EdcuationRequest.btnGenerateReport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you are using SP 7 on dev and runtime computers:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I concur with Philip.

I am using CR v10 SP3 and had this same problem exporting to PDF files in 5 of about 40 reports on a Win8.1 test machine.  All 5 had Times New Roman font in them.  I switched from Times New Roman to 'Georgia' font, which is very similar, and everything works great.

Philip, are you saying to use/install a prior Times New Roman font?  Where did you get it?  I'm wondering if that will cause any issues, since I install my VB6 software (with CR reports etc) on client's XP/Vista/Win7/Win8 workstations as well as 2003/2008/2012 servers.  My guess is that installing an older font than what is on their system won't install.  Any ideas?

It does seem odd that a font would break it....I wonder/hope if Microsoft will realize something is wrong here, and fix it...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

One other note... I had the same problem with Times New Roman font when exporting CR v10 reports to PDF on Windows Server 2012 R2.  Switching the font from Times New Roman to another font ('Georgia' in my case) resolved the problem, just as it did on Win 8.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've just had this same PDF export issue using an old version of Crystal 9.

It turns out the Times New Roman font shipped with Windows8.1 (v6.85) is the cause of the problem.

Yes I know that sounds a little bit daft but I did prove it a few different ways.

If you resort to the Win8 version 6.81 everything works fine.

Just thought it might help someone.

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow... no one might expect this from Times New Roman. During Vista time we had issues with the font Calibri when printed on PDF. It used to display bold on some characters etc. so then i changed all the fonts on my reports to use Times New Roman. Now i guess we have to move on to Arial i guess.

Anyways after upgrading crystal reports version and visual studio 2012. I didn't have any further issues regarding this.

Thanks for the update anyways... as you told might help someone.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks for sharing the info Philip. Bizarre. But as Manoj mentioned, I remember the Vista / Calibri issue well. And to boot it was not consistent. On one computer it worked, on another it did not. In one case it turned out to be an issue with a particular download of Calibri font. Eeck. Like we didn't have enough issues just printing...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phil,

Can you review my post below and reply?  Thank you.

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I am also getting the same error with my reports. Here are the details:

Windows Server 2003, VS2008, CR 9

I am sure it is a font issue as if I replace the fonts everything works fine but the fonts are needed for Barcodes. I am using "ADVC128E" and "ADVC39D" fonts for barcodes on my report.

Please help..

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say CR 9, do you mean the reports are created in CR version 9.x, or that you are using CR 9.x assemblies in your app?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked by uninstalling the crystal reports with VS2008 and then installing the VS2012 and then installed Crystal reports for VS2012 and upgraded the project to use the new version and it working finally.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivar Lumi;

My issue is also with Visual Studio 2008 developed report that is having issues in the systems that are upgraded to 8.1. In windows 8 we had no issues at all. Everything seems to be working in windows 8.1 except for export to pdf.

I can try Ludek Uher suggested method but unfortunately i don't have VS2010 or VS2012. Is anyone else having the same issues with Windows 8.1 and VS2008.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wait a minute...

In all of this I assumed you were using VS 2010 / 2012 and SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio (v. 13.x). If you are not, you're out of luck as no version of CR that works with VS 2008 supports WIN 8 or higher. See the wiki I referenced for Ivar.  The app working in WIN 8 - call it luck... and the farther you get away from supported OS the bigger the issues. E.g.; it may work on WIN 8 even thought it is not supported, but oops when you get to 8.1 and higher.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Downloading the trial version of crystal reports 2013 and let me upgrade the report to CR2013 and see if it works in Win 8.1. I will update in an hour.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remember that "Crystal Reports 2013" only supports VS 2010 and VS 2012, not VC 2008...

E.g.; we need to be very careful about the naming here. CR 2013 installs version 14.x dlls and does not install any SDK. SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio installs version 13 files and is a developer version for VS 2010 / 2012. See this blog for more details.

- Ludek

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to change the config files to use the latest .NET SDK's instead of the VS2008 installed SDK to generate the files as a work around?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have upgraded the project to Visual Studio 2010 and then upgraded the report using crystal reports 2013 and still the same issue when exported to PDF. Is there anything i'm missing?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't know what would be missing...

Let's take a look at what Modulestells us as far as the dlls loading. Here is what I'd like you to do:

Run your app until you get the error - do not close the app

Start Modules

In Modules go to the File menu -> New List -> Memory Modules

Save the log

Let me know what version is the crxf_pdf.dll.

Also, try an export to xls. Does that work?

And one more export to try; csv format. Does this work?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Version of Crxf_pdf.dll is 10.5.0.1943.

Export to Excel is working without any issues.

Export to Word is working without any issues.

Export to CSV Format is working without any issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

VS 2008 has such version file, not sure about newer versions.

I thought you try newer version.

VS2008 files are in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\2.8\bin

or

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\2.8\bin

I will check what nwer version have ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal reports for VS 2010/2012 crxf_pdf.dll has version 13.0.7.1136

This week i have no possibility to check if net 4.5 version pdf works ok or not.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, on October 22, you said:

I have upgraded the project to Visual Studio 2010 and then upgraded the report using crystal reports 2013 and still the same issue when exported to PDF. Is there anything i'm missing?

CR 10.5 will not work with VS 2010. That is why I recommended an install of SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio. You will also have to uninstall CR 10.5 as the two versions are not side by side compatible on development sytems. Runtime systems are fine.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just did uninstall "Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008"

I have purchased Visual Studio 2012 Professional Version and will try to install Crystal Reports version for Visual Studio SP7 and will upgrade the project to use the  latest version of crystal report viewer and see if it all works out...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

VS2008 version has same error in win 8.1 (clean install and 8 update to 8.1, both do same).

All works, except pdf export.

All works perfectly in windows 8.

Checked all file permissions on windows\temp and appdata\temp folders.

All seems to be ok.

Also installed vc 2005 and 2008 redistributables, before installing crystal reportst runtime.

I have no more ideas, what may cause it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that along with using system fonts in the report with no use. Then i created a blank report and tried to export it to PDF and it still throws the same error in Windows 8.1.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"VS2008 version" is not supported on WIN 8.x. See this wiki for more details.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but it works in 8.0 OK. So there must be very simple problem.

Windows 8.0 and 8.1 are not so different.

There must be some dll missing in 8.1 or some file permission problems.

But can't gues out whats the problem ...

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope you'll forgive my indulgence, but:

Well, yes. I drove my Ferrari on the dirt back lane behind my house and it was just fine. So I took it on a logging road and the darn thing bottomed out on the first pot hole and the oil pan got ripped out. There really was not that much difference. They were both dirt roads...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was working fine windows 8.0 and not in 8.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not best comparing.

Ferrari never designed for dirt road, so only d_mb a_s will drive it on dirt ...

There are a lot of programs running on .NET 3.5, so you can't easely jump and force every one to use 4.5. Personally i agree using  4.5, but real life, there are still a lot of computers from xp to 8.1, so 3.5 is at moment nice average (vista,7,8.x all will have it integrated).