cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount by quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need some suggestions on how to handle the below business scenario.

Customer pays a downpayment to get some discount when they actually places an order. Customer can order Material X, Y, Z but he places the downpayment only for Material X.

Eg:  Customer pays $5 per lb for the first 100 lbs of Material X he/she orders. From 101 lb onwards they will not get any discount.

May i know what is the best way to implement this? When we receive a down payment i think we should a G/L entry.

How can we keep track of how much customer ordered?

Thanks

Venky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

i think use rebate or discount condition. if Customer give down payment for  material "X" then only use rebate condition scal for those material "X". Scal should be 0 - 100 / $5

or use free of charge condition for material "X" during sales order in pricing condition.

whatever you want to give discount in sales order qty wise you can give the discount.

thanks

Md. Enayet Hossain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the info. In the scale, when i say 0 - 100, it is applicable to all the orders right. It will not stop applying the discount on the order after 100 lbs is reached. Am i correct? I have to restrict after 100 lbs.

When we receive the down payment G/L entry is posted like debit on cash account and credit on customer account.

When ever customer places an order, does the credit portion of the customer is reduced automatically?

Thanks

Venky

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

In the scale, when i say 0 - 100, it is applicable to all the orders right. It will not stop applying the discount on the order after 100 lbs is reached. Am i correct? I have to restrict after 100 lbs.

use rebate condition scal for

control data : Cond. class   C Expense reimbursement

Calculat.type C Quantity

scales:

Scale basis   C Quantity scale

Check value     None

Scale type    D Graduated-to interval sc

then it will work for perticular scale condition, what ever you want.

When we receive the down payment G/L entry is posted like debit on cash account and credit on customer account.

you can use debit memo and credit memo to receive the customer payment and maintain free of charge condition for those order by vk11 for that customers or you can enter manual free of charge condition on order for this type of special discount.

When ever customer places an order, does the credit portion of the customer is reduced automatically?

it will possible by using discount in condition in sales order.

thanks

Md. Enayet Hossain

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can restrict that by maintaining a requirement type (a new routine) in new condition type of pricing procedure.

At the beginning make SY-SBRC=4

Then you can apply your logic for restricting the condition type till it reaches 100 (a dynamic variable) or any other amount as per the requirement.

If the above condition satisfies make SY-SUBRC = 0 and then Condition type will be flowed in the Sales Order otherwise the discount will not be calculated.

Regards,

Aayush Jain

SAP SD Consultant

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

You can achieve that if you want to apply particular discount condition type for specific quantity.

Mark Condition Type applicable for Condition Update as shown in screenshot.

Calculation Type should be Quantity as shown below

And then maintain Condition record in VK11 as normal, then Click on Go To --> Addition Data and update Max. Cond, Base Value section with number of CAR as per screen shot.

Now Let's take an example you have maintained 100 Qty then Check with 90 Qty that does system picks Discount properly or not. Create another Order of 10 Qty and then 2 Qty and check how system behaves in all of this cases for Discount population.

Also, Check if Directly you try for 101 Qty after maintain condition record what is the result.

Do update us with all testing results.

Regards,

MJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know how it goes with above suggestions. I have the similar requirement. We want to setup contract for 100 hours of labor with negotiated price. Say 1000$ compare 1500$ per 100 hours. We want to consume this advance amount for first 100 hours of labor. and from 101 hours we want to bill regular price.

Please suggest some solution without custom development.

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I will suggest that you should have 2 type of condition.

PR00 = Base Price = 200 RS.

DISC = Discount     = 50 RS. (Special Price)

Now apply above logic shown by me on Discount. So customer will get the same, till 100 Qty and then that discount will be stopped.

Again, my suggestion would be to test scenarios thoroughly.

Regards,

MJ.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

Mj has clearly explained how to handle the quantity part with condition update.

Now coming to the down payment part, I have not come across this kind of requirement before, But i have one suggestion.

The down payment information is available in the table 'BSEG'.

customer = BSEG-KUNNR

spl GL indicator = BSEG-UMSKZ ( for down payment the value will be 'A')

GL amount = BSEG-PSWBT

You can include these fields in a pricing condition table as per requirement and determined the price along with condition update(as mentioned by MJ) .

I am not sure about this.

Experts,

Please advice if we can do like this.

Thanks,

Manoj