cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASN creation with data from PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of implementing SMI replenishment.

I am able to Create planned receipts, Create RO and publish, PO is created in ECC and publish the PO in SNC.

The issue is, while creating ASN with reference to Purchase Order, Purchase Order number, material number, qty are  not automatically filled.

Steps I followed:

Purchase Order-> Purchase Order due list

1. Select the PO (qty : 100, due qty: 100, Conf. qty: 100, confirmation requested field is not flagged, Confirmed Delivery date: 10/17/2013)

/* Purchase Order Details Screen is displayed */

2. PO confirmed items has Rec qty = 0, PO qty = 100, Open qty = 0 and Due qty = 100

3. At item level, click on CREATE ASN

4. Maintenance ASN - Create ASN SCREEN is displayed,

However Product number, PO number, ASN qty are NOT automatically filled in. Also, message "Enter product and quantity for item 00001" is displayed.

I am expecting, PO number, product number, confirmed quantity, delivery date etc to get populated automatically.

Can somebody tell if this is standard SNC system behavior or am I missing something?

Best regards

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Can you check Master data .

Location,Plant,Product,transportation lane,means of transport,

Also how you are creating ASN.(From Due list or from RO).

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you.

1. I checked the Location, Product, Transportation lane and means of transportation within the transportation lane. They are looking good. In fact, when I convert the planned receipts into RO, all data are adopted into RO properly including means of transport.

2. I am trying to create ASN from

Purchase Order Overview-> Click PO number -> Go to item level -> Select confirmed schedule line-> Create ASN

(As mentioned create ASN screen is displayed PO number, product number are not copied).

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Which scenario you are implementing SMI scenario or POC scenario?

If SMI then why you are going to Purchase order views for creating ASN?

You should go to Replenishment Order detail view enter the RO number then RO line item and then click on create ASN.

Or go to Delivery  Receipts and Requirements Due list for purchasing documents then create ASN.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you.

We are implementing SMI with Purchase Order.

Supplier will create RO out of planned receipts. This results in PO creation in ECC and will appear back in SNC.

To your point, ASN due list query in Delivery-> Receipts and Requirements -> Due list for Purchasing Documents doenst return any information. Am I missing something here? Is there any configuration required?

I am able to see the PO in the Purchase Order->Purchase Order Worklist-> Process due confirmation. Here am able to confirm and create ASN at the same time. This is where I am not getting PO number, product number into ASN.

It would like ideal for Supplier to get due list for ASN as mentioned by you. Any help?

Best regards and Thank you

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for your continued support.

I found an OSS note

Note 1899296 - Navigation from Quick view to Due List for Planned Receipts

for the issue of due list for planned receipts.

In the meanwhile, if you can provide some insight into why PO number/product are not copied into 'Create ASN' from PO list will definitely help.

Best regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

As i mentioned earlier have u tried to create ASN by going to replenishment order detail view?

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you.

Yes I did go the detail screen for RO and tried to create ASN. Product number and quantity fields turned out to be blank on "Create ASN" screen. I will have to manually input them to complete creation of ASN.

The behavior is same for both from PO detail screen and RO detail screen.

I am wondering if there is any configuration (like copy control for SD functions in ECC).

Best regards,

Vivek