cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in VC...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.. i am currently working on one issue in VC, for one customer the values for two characteristics country & voltage are getting defaulted this is not happening for other customers, I have checked, there are no dependencies maintained for values and also in configuration profile. Is there any other setting which i am missing on..or is there any other way to have these values defaulted specific to a particular customer?.. Googled a lot but didnt find anything convincing.....

Message subject was edited by Moderator

Discussion priority normalized.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. CT12 was really informative.  In my case, i didn't see any dependency assigned to the characteristic value which is defaulted, i can only check where else these characteristic is used..either in any of the dependencies or in classes.

I have checked all the above settings and could see no dependencies assigned for the characteristics.

Any possibility of user exits being used...or anyother way..

Regards,

Srikanth Ravinutala

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DINAKAR RAVINUTALA,

When you run CT12 , what result you got?

You must have got class name where this characterstic is being used, , have you also got any variant table name? if in result you only got classes and configuration related to sales order it means default is not being set by dependency.

next test can be use va01 , input all required values including the customer for which you are getting this default then go to configuration , in configuration screen check does the dafault value present, now go to Extra  ---> TRace --> activate.  Once you activate trace , assign required values and then press enter , once you are done with all values , check if any values generated for country or voltage then go to Extra  ---> TRace --> Display , here trace will give you log for all configuration values generated.

If you are getting default values in very start of the configuration pop up , add a second line item in sales order and check its trace log, this time you dont need to activate trace as its already active, just check the log and i am sure you will get the required result.

check and revert back

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

I have got all dependencies where the given characteristic is used..i.e preconditions and selection conditions created for other config materials where this characteristic country is being used...and there are no variant tables /variant functions for this characteristic..i assume...if a dependency is assigned to this characteristic "country"  for example..based on customer region .this will not be displayed in CT12..

We have activated the trace and could see that the "Dynamic database (DDB)  has been activated" as 1st step and then Dynamic database (DDB) is stored with a no...16007659N as the second step.

Please let me know if you want to see any specific screen shots which may be of some help..

Regards,

Srikanth Ravinutala

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DINAKAR RAVINUTALA,

please attached screen shot of trace log , may be i can point out some thing.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

Please find below attached screen shot of the trace...

Hope this gives some clue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still waiting for resolution....

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DINAKAR RAVINUTALA,

The clue i got from this screen shot is if any value is setup till this stage its noy buy any dependency.

I hope a debug will give you exact reson for this dynamic database update.

Please check with developer and I am sure he/she will point you exact place.

Check and revert back with findings.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Thanks for responding..

We have checked basic settings like class, characteristics, values  and config profile to see if there are any dependencies assigned but couldn't find any..nor any default values are assigned..i am looking in the below lines..

1.  Is there any specific setting in customer master to differentiate or write a dependency?

2.  How to check if there is any variant function used for this characteristic?

3.  Can we have this controlled from item category? i.e.., Config strategy etc..?

4.  Any basic setting in material master to control this?

Now the issue is escalated, can you please help me in resolving this ??

Regards,

Srikanth Ravinutala

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DINAKAR RAVINUTALA,

Default can be setup at below level.

1) check material master classification view if any value is defaulted.

2) Check characterstic in CT04 if any values the value is defaulted

3) Check dependencies assigned in configuration profile

chances are there may be a variant table having customer as key filed and which is setting this default values for country & voltage.

use CT12 to check usage of specific characterstic you can use where use on this characterstic and you will get all dependencies, variant tables etc  in which its being used.

Check all this and i hope you will get the clue.

Reply back with findings.

Thanks

Ritesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your reply...

Both the customers are assigned class type 011.. I have activated trace in production system and tried triggering the default values.. i got the message dynamic database (DDB) is updated and a system generated number was displayed... when i did the same for other customer.. it says the values are updated by user.. Can you please suggest where to check for these DDB numbers ? Is this something related to variant functions? if so, where to check these settings.. I didn't find anything in CU67..Please help..

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check the check the  CT04 level here value tab maintain any values and activate default, and also check the additional data tab here you enter any table , field name ,

check once this

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you Assign the class type 011 and the Required class for other customers