cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of EA-PLM extension for PM module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I would like to activate the EA-PLM extension for PM module.

Currently , carryout mass change  ( under orders menu ) option is disabled IW38 and our business is required that to carryout the mass change of orders.

I checked the note 1820513 and found that this can be enabled by activating EA-PLM ex tension in transaction SFW5.

Can you please let me know what are the consequences in activating this extension as once activated we can not deactivate it .

Awaiting for your help.

Warm Regards,

Usha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

I hope this link may help you about the extension of EA - PLM:-

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1476887

If not please revert back asap.

Thanks

Anand Kumar KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have activated EA-PL:M extension in Dev.,Qas and production server.In dev. and quality server we are getting menu option of make settings for copy of inspection results but in production server we are not getting same menu option in customizing.What might be the reason.

Please follow this note

1>  Note 855959 - Activation of Extension Sets via SPRO not successful

2> Note 731846 - Activate EA-PLM for A&D industry solution

Regards,

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Note 731846 - Activate EA-PLM for A&D industry solution

Solution

Please activate the EA-PLM in ECC-DIMP50 system as follows:

1. execute transaction SPRO
2. goto "SAP Reference IMG"
3. choose "Activation Switch for SAP R/3 Enterprise Extension Set"
4. select the indicator of "application active" for EA-PLM: PLM Extension
5. save the changing

Note 855959 - Activation of Extension Sets via SPRO not successful

Solution

If the activation of the Extension sets fails even after maintaining the settings as above, then one may check the activation logs for any of the Enerprise extension set via transaction SCPR20PR.

There are 3 Classical BC Sets to be checked for any Extension set "EA-xxxx" -
1) EA-xxxx-IMG
2) EA-xxxx-MENU and/or
3) EA-xxxx-AKH (all the switches may not have this BC Set)

For ex., if the Extension EA-FS was activated, then one could check the activation logs for the Classical BC Sets EA-FS-IMG, EA-FS-MENU and EA-FS-AKH, one after the other.

If the logs show all green Status, the activation has been successful. Else if the logs show a red Status, then there has been a problem and the activation was not completed successfully.

In this case, the corresponding Classical BC Sets for the required Enterprise extension set may be manually activated using transaction SCPR20.

Once the Enterprise switches have been activated, they can be transported to the Productive client. The transport request created automatically during Classical BC Set activation can be used for this.

Note:

Once an Enterprise extension set has been activated, it cannot be de-activated by de-selecting the option in the SPRO or otherwise, because Classical BC Set activations cannot be undone.

Thanks

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

More documentation on EHP's and activation of switches can be found here:

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=0110003...&

You do need a marketplace user ID to get there.

Regards,

Frank