cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous Integration with HTML page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

I have a scenario with .Net Application <---> SAP-PI 7.31 dual stack <----> SAP ECC (Abap Proxy) in the same landscape.

In one scenario, the .Net Application wants to call HTML page which will contain User Name , Password and Create New Password field

in the page. This page will also contain Submit button and can be clicked once the user enter all details from this HTML page.

The SAP system has to accept the user request and send the response back to HTML page where the .Net application will retrieves this information  from HTML page.

Based on the requirement , I decided to follow..

1. Use HTTP adapter on the source side and ABAP proxy on the receiver side.

2. Referred blog

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2011/05/10/pi-730-http-java-adapter-test-too...

Query:

1.Should I provide the HTTP link for each interface as suggested by William Li blog.

2.Is there any functionality where the Submit page in HTML page can call the HTTP url generated at the SAP-PI side and

accept the response.

3. Any document on this scenario.

4. Any suggestions and concern which I need to take care before the development starts..

Regards 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

if you have a .NET environment I would actually recommend you to create a SOAP sender adapter. Publish the endpoint to Services Registry or take the WSDL from the Sender Agreement and give it to the .NET developers. They can get the endpoint URL from the WSDL and call the endpoint from their application. I hope they are familiar with this.

If you develop your service as a synchronous service they will get the response in the same context, so they can update the HTML page accordingly while the user is waiting.

Any more particular doubts or questions?

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jorg,

From all the below suggestion, I feel the picture look like this.

When the end user clicks on the "User Status " button in the .Net application, the pop up HTML page will appear and then the end user will fill all the details of the user and then press the 'SUBMIT" button.The SUBMIT button function calls the submit.form at HTML side.

Then the .Net application will accept the context sent from the submit button of the HTML page. Then the .Net application will send this context in the form of web service to SAP-PI.

Please correct if I am wrong.

Cheers...

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.  Please suggest the .net team developers to create web service client project  and ask them to access the PI web service via their server side component synchronously. You just need to provide the wsdl you created from the soap sender.  This would work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Baskar,

When the end user clicks on the "User Status " button in the .Net application, the pop up HTML page will appear and then the end user will fill all the details of the user and then press the 'SUBMIT" button.The SUBMIT button function calls the submit.form at HTML side.

Then the .Net application will accept the context sent from the submit button of the HTML page. Then the .Net application will send this context in the form of web service to SAP-PI.

Cheers...

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

I would follow Jörg and Rodrigo suggestions. On the other hand Raja Sekhar Reddy has the next blog http://scn.sap.com/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/09/28/how-to-integrate-net-microsoft-applicat... in which you can read about .net and PI integration.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Inaki,

Cheers...

subhro_de
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

If you have an html form - the action of the html form should have the URL to PI to post to PI for example - replacing the details in tags and name of the form.

<form name="input" action="http://<hostname>:<port>/HttpAdapter/HttpMessageServlet?interfaceNamespace=<interface namespace>&interface=<interface name>&senderService=<sender service>&qos=<qos> method=<post/get> enctype="multipart/form-data">

To capture the response in the html form - it depends on how you are designing your html page. The page would be refreshed on submit if you are using a normal submit - if you are using ajax you may want to refer to the link below :

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/374644/how-do-i-capture-response-of-form-submit/374675#374675

If it is feasible for your requirement please refer to the advises provided above - SOAP sender adapter and a direct call from the .NET application should be the design.

Regards

Subhro

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think the best approach for your requirement is to use Web service in the client side.

SOAP -- PI -- Proxy

do not use HTTP protocol, its not the best choise.

Regards

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need help......

Regards