cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Portal as identity provider configuration with SAML 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a problem in configuring sap portal as identity provider. We are using SSO with SAML 2.0 method in our scenario to configure the SAP portal as identity provider. During the configuration of identity provider with SAML 2.0 enabling, I found there is no selection for our configuration of this portal as identity provider and it only defaults the configuration as service provider after saving. You should see the difference from the two screenshots below.

Screenshot 1: there is no selection of identity provider or service provider selection on the initial screen in our portal. After configuration, it will default as service provider and will not be modifiable.

Screenshot 2: I found the different configuration page in another place, which contains the operational mode selection.

Our portal version is NW 7.31. With pre-requisites, we have installed identity management with federation software. My user is also assigned with ADMINSTRATOR role and SAML2_SUPERADMIN role. Do you have any idea of what is going wrong or missed checking?

thanks,

Best regards,

Xian' an

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that this is related to the below patch.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwidmic_72/helpdata/en/57/90ac05d89d4bc9877a9eeab46b2ded/content.htm

Go to the SAP Software Distribution Center at https://service.sap.com/swdcInformation published on non-SAP site.

1. In the navigation pane, choose Start of the navigation path Download Next navigation step Support Packages and Patches End of the navigation path.
  2. In the A-Z Index, navigate to the N section.
  3. Navigate to one of the two products:
    • Start of the navigation path SAP NW IDENTITY MANAGEMENT Next navigation step SAP NW IDENTITY MANAGEMENT 7.2 Next navigation step Comprised Software Component Versions Next navigation step NW IDM FEDERATION 7.2 End of the navigation path
    • Start of the navigation path SAP NW SINGLE SIGN ON Next navigation step SAP NW SINGLE SIGN ON 1.0 Next navigation step Comprised Software Component Versions Next navigation step NW IDM FEDERATION 7.2 End of the navigation path
  4. Download and unzip the SCA IDMFEDERATION<release>.sca.
  5. Deploy the SCA to the AS Java.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwidmic_72/helpdata/en/57/90ac05d89d4bc9877a9eeab46b2ded/content.htm

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thanks very much for your details and guidance. We have already installed the NW IDM FEDERATION 7.2 in our portal with the first option as configuration pre-requisites. We have checked in system component and the service with IDMFEDERATION is running. Do you have any other points for checking to make sure it installed and running successfully?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Xian' an

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the link try to go ahead with the creation and see what it creates. Does it comes with service provider or Identity provider.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwidmic_72/helpdata/en/6e/cff8893a9849578c13ffb47fca9c5e/content.htm

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

thanks very much for your prompt reply.

The link leads us to the steps of enabling SAML 2.0, which is exactly shown in my screenshots above and issue starts from the first step because the operation mode selection entry did not show in the screen. After the creation, it will default as service provider and it will not be changeable.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Xian' an

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes correct I tried the same thing but i dint had the patch IDM in my system . I thought that the Identity provider should appear after we install the patch so i thought that you should try and see if things change for you.

I think Lets wait and see if some one else can comment on this else try to create a message with SAP and see what they recommend

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

we find out that this is a mistake from the basis side. After installation, they did not restart the server. After restart the server, the configuration step got correct now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

Hi

I am planning SSO configuration, the scenario as below

The supplier will login to Share Point with their AD account and they will click on Biller Direct portal and it will direct them to SAP NW portal (Biller Direct configured on this portal and backend ECC), currently here again they need to login credentials, to avoid this

1. Need to configured SSO Between Sharepoint to SAP NW 7.3.1 Portal

2. How the User management should be done here, because the supplier does not have any access in ECC or Biller Direct Portal

Planning to SAML 2.0 configuration

Please help me with your inputs and provide me documents if you have any

@Rishi - Would you please provide me your email id to contact you

Thanks,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can you access a portal without user id .

2. How the User management should be done here, because the supplier does not have any access in ECC or Biller Direct Portal

1 Check this link if it helps.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/Step-by-Step+guide+for+SSO+from+MS+Sharepoint+2010+to+...

In your case the SYSTEM doing SAML and further portal is same.

2. Just thinking how will you login in portal if you don't have any id. SSO can work only if you have id. Can you create those user in SAP ECC and on the portal have role mapping for BD iview only if your UME is ABAP.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Was there any other step done as well?  I am facing same issue and have installed the IDMFEDERATION component but still the option for identity provider isn't visible in dropdown.

My portal version in NW 7.4

I have raised a separate thread as well for this.

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am planning SSO configuration, the scenario as below

The supplier will login to Share Point with their AD account and they will click on Biller Direct portal and it will direct them to SAP NW portal (Biller Direct configured on this portal and backend ECC), currently here again they need to login credentials, to avoid this

Planning to SAML 2.0 configuration

Please help me with your inputs and provide me documents if you have any

Thanks,

SK