Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD ABAP table arrangement - grouping and dynamic heading rows

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all experts,

I have an internal table containing information about some persons and I need help finding the proper way of representing them on screen.

Suppose each row has the following fields:

person_id - info type description - notes - (a list of flags)

Now... these info are stored in a Context Node so I can easily bind them to my CL_WD_TABLE element.

But... for sake of readability, I'd like to "group" them by person_id.

Problem: in a previous, ITS-based system, this table didn't show the "person_id" column. The entries were "grouped" by an heading row, before each group, with the explicit person_id entry.

Example:

Person 123455    Notes     flag1     flag2 ....

infotypeDesc       text          X         

infotypeDesc2     text2                     X

Person 23456     Notes     flag1     flag2

infotypeDesc3     text3

So; there was a single table with heading row as "break" element to group the entries by person_id.

I didn't find a way to reproduce such a behaviour (even dynamically, it's not a problem) on WD ABAP.

As a second choice, any way of grouping the entries which can be visually clean could be admitted. I don't know however if it's possible to apply a grouping option (and how it looks like) on a CL_WD_TABLE element and furthermore, if it's possible to group by a field (person_id) which eventually could not be present in form of column.

Thanks for any suggestion/advice on the argument

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

I believe what you're looking for is a table row grouping. Check out demo component WDR_TEST_TABLE in your system. The view ROW_GROUPING demonstrates a table row grouping.

Cheers,

Amy