cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Export License text be copied into sales documents??

debbie_reed
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have set up legal control in Foreign Trade data to check for export licenses. Within the license we are using there are several types of text. I would like to get at least 1 of them to copy into the delivery note and invoice so I can have them print on the documentation.

When creating this in text determination I can create the text but when I do not see any standard application object when I attemp to set up the access sequence which controls where the text is copied from.

Has anyone else been successful at setting this up so that export license text can be copied into the sales documents? If so how did you get it to copy from the license?? If I can't copy it into the documents on line can I change my print program or script to go get the text and then print it??

Many thanks for all the help I get from my SAP forum friends!!! Debbie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debbie,

have you tried EMBK as text object, I believe object key will be your license number ?

You can use READ_TEXT in your invoice print program to get this text (assuming you know license number).

debbie_reed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Siarhei, that is what made sense to me too but that is not a text object that is allowed as a selection in standard SAP. Do you know where this table is to add this text object to the list or might this be something that requires use of a user exit?

I really appreciate your help!1

Debbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debbie,

EMBK is a valid text object (you can check TTXOB table which ocntains all text objects)

Check STXH, STXL tables which actually contain these texts after you created license with any texts.

OR just run a single test for READ_TEXT funtion module passing EMBK as text object and your license number as object name (TDNAME)., then check what it returns in internal tables... they should have your texts.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

debbie_reed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Siarhei, thank you once again!! I already did run that program and you are right the EMBK does not come into the table.

I will go ahead and do this through the print program as you suggest!!

You are WONDERFUL!!

Thank you so much for all your help!!

Debbie

debbie_reed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks once again, Siarhei!! You are absolutely right!! The text exists in the TTXOB, STXH and STXL tables. And I'm sure you are right that we can get that data to pull into the scripting and print.

But do you by chance know why the text object EMBK does not exist in Text determination table (RVTXOBJ)? If it did exist I could create an access sequence to go and get the data. I would really prefer to set it up that way if possible so we can see the text in the sales order and then copy it into the delivery note and invoice. If not, then of course I will use the scripting to get it printed.

You have been so helpful!!

Thanks very, very much!!

Debbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debbie,

I think you can't add EMBK to RVTXOBJ (check the program SDTXNMUP which re-builds RVTXOBJ). You may raise an OSS Note against SAP so they will explain why ;o)

I would just use READ_TEXT in the print program, it will be much faster than wait for an answer from SAP I think.

OR you can add any new text ID to your invoice procedure, and then just update it in userexit_number_range when your invoice is created (read_text for EMBK your text ID, then call create_text for VBBK your text ID.) But read_text in print program is easier to do :o).