cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trex program not able to register at SAP Gateway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have currently installed a Trex system and did the post configuration as well.

By using the trexAdmin tool we made a connection from trex system to the NW system as well.

but once the connection is made i clicked on button "connect Admin tool' and repair all

it gave me error

<gateway_host> : <gateway service> 0ms *** abap error <no response>

GW available but not set in Trex

Similarly the connection test is failing at sm59 as well.

i have set the parameter gw/acl_mode =1

and gw/reg_no_conn_info = 1 as well

I have updated my reginfo and secinfo file as per the current configuration.

But still facing the error

The basis release is 702 and kernel is 720

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harsh,

Here is the workaround. Temporarily set the parameter gw/acl_mode to 0. After registration switch it to 1 back.

I wrote it in my blog:

Regards,

Serhat

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This thread is one year old....

In addition, the appropriate solution is to maintain the reginfo rules to allow the registration, keeping the environment secure. This WIKI can help with that and it has a link to an SAP KBA that contains a video showing how the reginfo rules work.

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

I wrote "Here is the WORKAROUND." So it is a "workaround" .

Thanks for the Wiki page but I don't get what you mean by saying that thread is 1 year old. So?

Somebody can have the same problem, make a search and reach this thread. At the bottom I wrote what I did in same situation, in order to help him or her about the solution!

This kind of posts (like yours) do not help. Please be careful and respectful.

Regards,

Serhat

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Serhat,

I had no intention of being disrespectful.

Please search the SCN by "stop necromancing" and read the rules of engagement.

Bringing up to life a one year old thread does not help either .

Kind regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

You're still wrong, I'm afraid.

When you search something on SCN, do you limit your search with new threads? Don't you profit older threads? I find lots of solutions in let's say 5-year old threads, as well.

Regards,

Serhat

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Serhat,

I never said that an old thread could not help.

Regards,

Isaías

former_member186895
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bansal,

Please check file TREXrfcserver.ini file.

It should contain below entries of abap systems

host=

instance=

service=Trex_SID_<PID>

instances=

Also check rfc service is running on TREX.

Thanks

Ramesh

0 Kudos

if you have gw/acl_mode = 1

Make sure that the profile parameters:

gw/sec_info and gw/reg_info point to the correct files and location.  Veirfy using transaction RZ11.

Also, if you make changes to the secinfo.DAT and reginfo.DAT files from transaction code SMGW menu path Goto -> Expert Functions -> External Security -> Reread (Global)

Then use the corresponding menu entries , Display (sec info) and Display (reg info) to make sure your changes are reflected.

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Were you able to find a solution to this?

I am having the same issue.

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Setting the parameter gw/acl_mode=0 resolves the error.

Please state if anyone was able to achieve this by some alternative approach.

Best Regards,

Tanmeya

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have tried registering program at SAP system through rfcexec file now i can see rfcserver services in Trexadmin but its in red status, that means the rfc service is not running in the system

how to start that

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

I thing Just do the repair all in Trex admin tool it should be alright

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

that didnt help either. While registering the RFC connection at Trex if i give my gateway service name as SAPgw01 the RFC error "Program not registred at gateway" disappear whil new error comes up that "Gateway service is not started" while if i keep sapgw00 as gateway service the error  "Program not registred at gateway" keep appearing.

My SAP instance no. is 00

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
naveegarg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Please set the parameter gw/acl_mode =0. and then try. This is the real cause of issue, even though you will see everything is fine but you will not be able to connect as when you want to restrict the connection to gateway you jneed to specify. I would suggest try by setting this parameter as 0 and if it works then you can check on other alternatives how to enable this parameter.

Regards

Naveen Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

by looks at this - this can be authorization issue. My advice - create connection with user who is having SAP_ALL. You will find missing authorizations quickly If this is the case - all is well documented.

Regards,

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

already gave SAP_ALL to Trex_admin

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

1. As you said in the Trex admin tool you are getting the error message '<gateway_host> : <gateway service> 0ms *** abap error <no response>'  in the Trex admin tool select the " RFC Destination (SM59)" change the setting from "Central to Local " Save the setting (Kindly refer the below screen shot reference)and then try to repair all

it should solve your issue,

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I tried both Local and central gateway options, but no success

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you share Trex version & SPS level? Trex used in which SAP application area?

Regards

Sriram

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

Kindly refer the SAP KBA 1757655 - RFC failure - Cannot register TREX/BIA Registered Server
Program with Gateway
and also you can register from the command prompt

rfcexec -a <Program_ID> -g<SAP_Gateway_hostname> -x<Gateway_Service>

rfcexec.exe is not part of new kernel 7.20 DWK, you may require to restore the file from old kernel folder or downloaded from service market place,

for this refer SAP Note 1636252 point number 4.2 -4 -C

Regards
Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh Bansal,

Check the below link for more info::

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42463

As of 720 kernel, registration of external server program is controlled by profile parameters gw/acl_mode, gw_reg_info and gw/sec_info.

For security reasons, SAP has made it mandatory to use gw/reg_info and gw/sec_info to allow any external program to get registered on host.

So, entries of the host wanting to register program in gateway, has to be maintained in the file reg_info and sec_info.

Location of these files is maintained using gw/reg_info and gw/sec_info profile parameter.

If the files are created without any entries, then no external server is allowed to register external programs. If files are created then entries for the servers has to be maintained.

If the files are not created, then parameter gw/acl_mode can be used to control registration of external programs on the system.

gw/acl_mode = 0 will allow registration of external server program

gw/acl_mode = 1 will not allow registration of external server programs and you need to maintain reg_info and sec_info files.

More information about the same can be found in below SAP notes :

Note 1408081 - Basic settings for reg_info and sec_info

Note 1069911 - GW: Changes to the ACL list of the gateway (reginfo)

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAMA,

as i stated in the original post gw/acl_mode = 1 is already set and entry of Trex system have already updated in sec_info and reg_info files.

but my concern is gw/reg_no_conn_info which is set as 1, that means system ignores value of files sec_info and reg_info. Now i am not sure which parameter is creating problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh bansal,

pls check if below link is useful for you:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/Gateway+security+settings+-+extra+information+regardin...

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check the below settings.

Kernel 7.20 and higher (sec_info und reg_info)

As of this kernel version, the keyword "internal" (without ") is available and describes the list of all IP addresses of all application servers of the system. This simplifies the definition of a basic sec_info to:

sec_info:

#VERSION=2
P USER=* USER-HOST=local  HOST=local  TP=*
P USER=* USER-HOST=internal HOST=internal TP=*

reg_info:

#VERSION=2
#
# the following line should be the LAST line in the reginfo,
# see Note 1592493!
#
P TP=* HOST=internal CANCEL=internal ACCESS=internal

Based on the above initial settings, additional selected IP addresses of the local network segment can now be inserted and these IP addresses are to be used to restart external programs or programs want to register to these IP addresses. (For example, TREX, J2EE, and so on.)
An example for the TREX server would be (reg_info)

P TP=Trex* HOST=<list of TREX server IP addresses>

Note 1408081 - Basic settings for reg_info and sec_info

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check this link.

Display File Path in the Search Results of TREX - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90b19c42-6cdd-2b10-9c93-b2e6700d6...

For Kernel pls check.

OSS 1563102 - Linux Requirements for 7.20 EXT kernel

OSS 1728283 - SAP Kernel 721: General Information

OSS 1629598 - SAP Kernel 720 will replace older kernel versions

OSS 1553301 - 7.20 EXT Kernel - Usage

OSS 1636252 - Installing a 7.20 kernel in SAP Web AS 7.00/7.01/7.10/7.11

BR,

Prabhakar