cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Build stopped due to an error: No JDK_HOME_PATH defined for key 'JDK1.4.2_HOME'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have upgraded our system to portal system and NWDI system to 7.3,

We had many custom developments in java on a track so referring below note( http://scn.sap.com/thread/3315861 ) we tried to do the following

1)We created a track and imported the contains to the old track to new

2)In built path we maintained

3)we have installed NWDS 7.0 and imported the track and a DC and after was trying to build it it is giving me the following error.

Error: Build stopped due to an error: No JDK_HOME_PATH defined for key 'JDK1.4.2_HOME'

4)In my system i have so many versions of JAVA .i thing some thing is missing can you point out what is giving me this error.

Regards,
Prajakta K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding comments,

All this has been done to retain the previous developments instead of getting the code to 7.3 and correcting it we can retain the 7.0 code this way as specified the the  SDN link.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks .

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakta,

Please go to

1. /nwa

2. Configuration

3. Infrastructure

4. Java System Properties

5. click on tab "Services"

6. look up "Component Build Service "

7. and send me a screenshot about its property details.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ervin,
Screen short of Component Build Service

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is exactly what the error message says, that however you created the build variant for the JDK1.4.2_HOME (on cms webui), you did no specify its path in the CBS service settings.

Walk through this thread that answers your question:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2079515

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

From the note that you specified in the above reply,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.if you go to the Track Data in the CMS webui -- Landscape Configurator then there you will find a tab called build variants.

For the 730 tracks you need to specify a parameter this way:

com.sap.jdk.home_path_key = JDK1.6.0_HOME

2. In the CBS Service settings you need to specify the following parameters this way

a) set BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME to the highest value (in your case this is the <path of JDK1.6>

b). list all JDKs for JDK_HOME_PATHS i.e.

JDK_HOME_PATHS = JDK1.3.1_HOME=<path of jdk131>;JDK1.4.2_HOME=

<path of jdk142>;JDK1.5.0_HOME=<path of jdk150>;JDK1.6.0_HOME=

<path of jdk160>;default=<path of the JDK as default>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME at 1.6

but JDK_HOME_PATHS is empty ,
for this has these versions of java be installed on server and then that path be specified here in JDK_HOME_PATHS ??

Can you give me a example for the same? if i want to specify 1.4 path how will i do the same

Thanks ,
Prajakta K

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakta,

Example:

BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME=c:\my16jdk

JDK_HOME_PATHS = JDK1.4.2_HOME=C:\my142jdk; JDK1.5.0_HOME=D:\my15jdk; JDK1.6.0_HOME=C:\my16jdk; default=C:\my142jdk

The path to the jdk (e.g. c:\my16jdk or d:\my15jdk in this example) is always the folder of the JDK where the "bin" folder can be found (like in case of java_home).

default parameter (at the end of JDK_HOME_PATHS) is useful, because if you have no com.sap.jdk.home_path_key defined for a track, then this JDK will be used. This case in this example it points to jdk14, but it can be anything, depends on your needs. Not even a must to use, but for those track which have no build variants won't know what jdk to use for compilation (which jdk to fork by the jdk16 vm specified in buld_tool_jdk_home).

(As of a specific release not even required to specify default, but let's just skip that part for now, in order keep things simple, I only mentioned for the sake of completeness.)

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ervin,

For Ur spontaneous reply..

We will install JDK 1.4 on server and give that path in JDK_HOME_PATHS = JDK1.4.2_HOME="Path"

where Path =/usr/sap/RYA/J03/exe/

BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME" "

Will reply back once done with screen short

Thanks,
Prajakta K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you specify the JDK_HOME_PATHS variable for your Jdk1.4 in the CBS service settings (not on cms webui) ?

Please go to /nwa -- system properties -- look up Component Build Service and check the mentioned parameter.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,
          Where in CBS can we maintain the property.I can no where see properties to be set.

Also as you know. i have created 2 tracks

1)For deploying the old Custom DC with developed on NWDS 7.01with lower version of java( jdk 1.4)

2)For Developing new code on NWDS 7.3 with latest version of java (1.6).

Regards,
Prajakta  k