cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the strategy of ChaRM to release TRs in solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have configured charm using solution manager 7.1 and now my quetions is as below

Under one normal correction i have multiple transport requests associated with it

How the sequence of transport release and import will be followed in QA System import

regards

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for your reply on this !now understood !!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

You can check below link:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3162644

Regards

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sunny

Thanks !But still i have doubt here

Charm releases the Transports automatically when we complete the successful test

How this is handled ?

For ex :

Scenario 1

I have 5 Transports and all the tasks are released

Scenario 2

I have 5 transports and transport 1 task is released ,Transport 2 task is not released and Transport 3 is released

But Tr 3 is having depenedency with Tr 2

How these 2 situation can be handled

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

The scenario you shared is the very first use case for SAP to build Charm as extended solution top of standard STMS.

Using Charm you can easily detect the dependent transport, version  mismatch, forgotten transports.

If two transport has dependency and the one where all task is released and the other one has issues, it wont allow you to release, warning issued.

charm provides lots of options to reduce the dependencies like, CSOL, 5 system landscape enabling retrofit.

in 7.1, you can go still deep there you can decouple this critical transport request and move on with the rest, have you checked, point 2 from below

read also below for best Business use cases two value release per year

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

The answer was really helpful for me to understand

But again i have one more doubt

I have 5 transports and all 5 tasks associated with this transports are released

After successful test in QA and if put this normal change  to successfully tested how the sequence of TR imported into QA System ?

What is the sequence charm will follow

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the way In Charm is TR sequence is same as the sequence on TR release.

try to work with simple prototype, and you could even check, how system prompts of errors and warning with different scenarios,

Have a try!!

Thanks

Jansi