cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Test Fails on Portal & BI Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I followed the steps given in the documentation called "SAP NetWeaver 2004s: Setting Up BEx Web - Problem Analysis" to integrate BI into the portal. I completed the steps in what I thought was the correct way, but when I do a system connection test in the portal I get the following results message: "Retrieval of default alias successful. Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct." I tried a few different things with the user mapping, but nothing seems to be working. Or if anyone has better documentation than what I found, please send me a link.

Thank you for your time,

Erin Byrne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please try to ping between the two servers. If it fails there is some network problem. If it is successfull see if you have set up the required configuration. There may be problems with the set up of logical systems and user permissions to perform RFC's. Make sure you use the Communication user for this purpose.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debnilay,

Thank you for the ideas. I did a successful ping on each server, & the RFCs I created in both systems work also. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Erin