Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result saving issues in QE72

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our users use QE72 for a particular class and come across a problem sometimes. After entering all the results and clicking on 'Save', results do not get locked every time. As a result, values do not get transferred to batch characteristics and this has further impact on the system.

Can you please let me know how to get rid of this issue?  Is this has something to do with Configuration settings or just standard behavior??

Pl note

1. Inspection is done wrt task list.

2. Single inspection plan is for single material

3. Insp type 04 is used.

Pl notify if any additional info is required.

Kind regards,

ntn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unanswered. Closing it because its been open for long.

ntn

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This query is still open and issue is still not resolved. Users are not able to lock the results even by force completion tab. All suggestions are well appreciated.

Regards,

ntn

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

Either use QA32 as you already maintained there is not problem. or

If you use qe72 then after clicking on save button as you mentioned, you have to click on change buttton

then following screen fill open, where you can do valuation and close of that chars.

regards

Manish

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for responding.

Whatever you have said is absolutely correct and we have tried all these options. They are just not feasible due to following reasons.

1. Users record the results by the end of shifts for multiple batches and it is not feasible to open each inspection lot and enter the results and therefore they prefer QE72. This is basically required for particular class type where around 70 % results are common and task list contains around 15 MICs. That is why QE72 is required to use the Copy-Paste functionality.

2. It is again not feasible to open characteristics to do valuation for such process I mentioned above.

Just to share, our senior consultant said that this is standard behavior and there is no solution. I mean there has be to some settings which we have missed or something.

I'm just not convinced enough to agree to this. Is it really a standard defect ?

Regards,

ntn

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

The functionality you require is not available in t-code qe72. Either use qa32 or you can develop you own customized program which can reset the status of all char of those batch whose result have been recorded in QE72.

regards

Manish

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Seems like you are correct. Even I don't see a solution coming. Yes we have developed a Z program but that is for Mass RR/UD and SP for all those batches with 100% common results.

QE72 is required for something else as I mentioned.

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Results are not locked ,is it means result not getting saved or not getting valuated/closed(status 5)

If status is not getting changed to 5 ,then you have to check the sampling procedure of the MIC's that are assigned to task list.Make sure that valuation should not be manual.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I ran a test case as per your instructions. Following are the observations,

1. Status is not changed to 5. It remained to 2.

2. In sampling procedure, Valuation type is not manual but is set as 100 Attributive inspection nonconf. units.

Pl guide what do I need to do next.

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Presuming that you are changing the status 2 to 3 manually & then to 5 & still status is not getting changed.

If this is correct ,then check autherization.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

There is no role of manual valuation (3) in between. When the recording is done through QA32, status automatically changes to 5 from 0 or 1.

Problem comes when result recording is done through QE72.When results are saved, they do not flow to batch characteristics (or class characteristics).

• After recording the results, user save the results using the 'Save' shown below.
  • On clicking this button, results do not get locked but are saved in the batch.
  • Now when the same batch is seen in QA32, status is 2, but not 5 (or 3).
  • As a result, if UD is also done through QE72, batch values does not get updated, which is the problem.
  • Pl note when the transaction is done through QA32, such problem does not occur.

Kindly suggest what can be done.

Regards,

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you treid forcefully closing the results by pressing on lock "save".?

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

'Save' tab shown in the above snapshot, Yes. But result do not get locked.