cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I realize double currency invoice with multiple billing in this scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a situation right now, my client has a requirement and this is the scenario: They want to be able to create up to 20 different invoices from 1 sales order assuming the sales order has 10 item because they will create 2 invoices for one item base on payment terms which are in 2 different currencies.

I need expert advise on this, what process, and steps can I use to achieve this?

Great regards,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Simon is correct. You have to use the milestone billing at line item level to achieve this. By this way you can create n number of invoices until the total invoice percentage becomes 100 (for example if the total line item value is $100 and you want to have an invoice created for every 10% you can generate 10 invoices of $10 each) or the item value is reached (if you want to have it as fixed amount you can create invoice for $30 and $70 for example ).

Further if user pays an amount as advance you can generate a down payment invoice where in you have to use the invoice type as FAZ at the line item milestone. When you want to have trade invoices to be generated you can generate as many as required for different milestones until the total item value is reached or the tital invoice % becomes 100.

Hope this explains.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I like to try it out and get back to you. but please if you have any further idea or How-To about this scenario let me know as soon as possible.

Great regards to Simon too.

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the exact objective my client is trying to achieve. They are actually 2 invoices A & B for same items, one is for 60% 0f the Total Value + VAT and the second is for 40% + VAT. There is also a common scenario when the billing is done item by item from the same sales order with the same 2 invoice A & B for each item invoice till the Sales Order is complete. How can I set this price format in the standard system and set the billing also. If I can get a step to step How-To that will be wonderful.

Great regards,

Patrick

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Patrick,

You mentioned in your opening post that where will be tow payment terms for each line item in Sales Order.

Now I believe it is only possible to have single payment term for each line item in a sales order. Also when it comes to creating Invoice for multiple line items, if payment terms are different for some of the line items, system will anyways create separate Invoice for each payment term.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partrick Imhen,

Are you means you would like to split 1 sales order into 20 billing documents?

But I am not sure how you can ahieve 1 sales order item to be bill for 2 different invoices.

In standard, I don't think you could achieve this objective.

I never come across this scenario before properly please explain in details what is your

obejctive of spliting the sales order item into 2 different invoice? How about the accounting

side? how is the posting to accounting work? Maybe you can create an invoice and another proforma invoice.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response,

The Objective of splitting the invoice is: On the client invoice, They want to be able to instruct their customers to pay 60% of the Net value + VAT and 40% of the net value + VAT .  Usually they do this manually on two different invoices.

Hope its clearer now?

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Why they want to separate into different payments - 60% and 40%?

In this case maybe you may consider billing plan function. What do you think?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Simon