SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article extension to the sites

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, I have a doubt in creation and the usability of new articles. I am creating new articles with the Logistics Data maintained for the reference sites (DC & Stores). I had maintained the link for the reference stores in the tcode 'refsite' for Purchasing, Assortment and Logistics Data also. When I create new articles with the Logistics Data for Ref DC / Store, I expect the articles to have the data 'maintained' for the assigned stores also. Besides this I am maintaining the assortments which generates the entries in WLK1 table, which also is supposed to "maintain" the article in all the assigned stores. But when I try to create PO for the new articles to the assigned stores, I get the "Article not maintained in the site" error. If I have few articles, then I can maintain the articles for individual sites. But if I have 10,000 stores, do I need to extend the material individually to all the 10,000 stores? Please guide me.

5 REPLIES 5

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

The error "Article not maintained in the Site" comes when the article is not fully maintained for the site for which you are doing procurement. When system is not able to fetch proper information from MARC, it may give this error. Please know the following important points for mass generation of article segments via a reference site.

• If in your company you have a global reference DC and store, I would suggest you maintain those site codes in transaction WSS1. In this transaction there are two fields for reference DC and reference store in Control parameters for article master section.
  • When you create an article, make sure the merchandise category of that article is part of your assortment and has proper assortment grade if you use them for listing.
  • It is always good to create a separate assortment for each distribution chain. So if your Store and DC are from different chains, create two assortments and maintain with respective reference sites and other listing related data. Also ensure that the listing procedure used in uniform in article master, assortment and site master.
  • When the new article is created, sometime it may not generate all the article relevant segments immediately. In this case you need to run transaction WSM8 to re-organization listing condition after master data change. In WSM8 should be scheduled in background to run every night to re-check the listing condition and update them after master data changes in articles and site.
  • Using MM46, transaction you can do mass maintenance for missing data and try.

Please perform this checks and update the thread with your findings.

I hope this will give an idea about your issue.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi... Your advice worked for me well only for the single articles. I am getting errors for the generic articles. Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Can you please update what is the error you are getting for generic articles?

Please note the following for handling the reference site for Generic articles.

Generic articles will be maintained on reference sites only, because they do not have stock. Please maintain the logistic view of articles without specifying any store in the Store field for this view. That means an empty site field represents the reference store level. (just select a logistic view in article master without an entered site value)

This will address the generic articles also.

Please update the thread with your findings

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi... Your advice worked for me well only for the single articles. I am getting errors for the generic articles. Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

did you checked in MARC table if data exist for reference store against the generic article. If it is maintained then for variant article no need to maintain individually site wise. it should extended for the store against each variant.

Regards,

Santosh