cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language installation to particular client only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am importing new PT language in QA system before this can you please help on below points.

1.       We have 2 client (300 & 330) in QA so can I import/install the language only in 300 ? if yes then how ?

Most of the documents getting that I need to import in 000 only  if I import in 000 then this will effect in all client.

2.       Also planned the client copy from production to QA 300 so if I import language before client copy then after client copy is it revert back?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Niu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Reagan,

I have already checked this document but i didn't found my questions answer .

also checked  Note 18601 - Frequently asked questions about language transport.

can you please help on my Q. and i am new in this.

Thanks,

Niu.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Niu

Here are the answers for your question from the SAP note

Note 18601 - Frequently asked questions about language transport

1.       We have 2 client (300 & 330) in QA so can I import/install the language only in 300 ? if yes then how ?

Most of the documents getting that I need to import in 000 only  if I import in 000 then this will effect in all client.

10. Question: Is it important in which client a language import or a language supplementation is carried out?

Answer: The language import can (as of Release 4.6C) be carried out in any client.

The supplementation should be carried out in client 000 and can be scheduled in higher clients afterwards. By default, only client-dependent tables are supplemented in the higher clients. The language guide advises that a language supplementation should be carried out in productively used clients only before the start of Customizing. This should ensure that the texts of SAP reference customizing are supplemented but not the texts that have been added recently in Customizing by the customer because these texts have yet to be translated. In the translation environment (SE63), the translation process is much smoother if texts have not been supplemented.

If customer customizing texts are not to be or cannot be translated (for example, scheduling problems in the translation before going live; no translator available), we recommend that you carry out a language supplementation in these clients. This can prevent incorrect behavior in different transactions (empty input help displays, transaction terminations).

2.       Also planned the client copy from production to QA 300 so if I import language before client copy then after client copy is it revert back?

12. Question: What should run first during the installation: the language import or the client copy?

Answer: If possible, you should carry out the language import before the client copy.

If you carry out the language import after the client copy, as described in SAP Note 2857, the client-dependent customizing tables (class C and G) of the new client do not receive the language data. SAP Notes 43853 and 1156507 describe this problem in more detail and list different solution options.

When you import the language you find the packages using the "Find Packages"

On the same screen you have the "Settings" option.

When you select that it will give you the option to use parallel import process and also the option to

Import into Current Client or Import into All Clients.

Regards

RB

Answers (0)