Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in assigning Movement type with Inspection type

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to create Quality Inspection for 542 mvt For inspecting the material from vendor (If material is not processed). I have created a new Inspection type 21 for this purpose and assigned to the Inspection lot origin 05 - other goods receipt.

I have assigned the movement type 542 in SPRO -> IMG-> Quality inspection ->  Deactivate Quality Inspection for a Movement Type

My Issue is how should I assign the Movement type 542 with inspection type 21 with lot origin 05 ???

So that whenever I reverse the 541 document number, automatically an inspection lot should be triggered for 542 mvt type

Please solve the query

J.Balakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In Standard Movement type is assigned to Inspection lot Origin. and 541 and  542 movement is not assigned to any lot origin. That's why lot is not getting generated. Sap does not  suggested to allow change of assignment of movement type to lot origin

If you really want to do this you have to check out the following SAP Note. and have to do the settings as suggested by other QM Gurus.

Check SAP note 303061, it says:

"If you must change the assignment from a business point of view, the assignment can be carried out in table T156SY (with Transaction SE16). After this, the functions goods movement, inspection lot creation and usage decision must be tested. If necessary, you must consult SAP."

So yes, in general the assignment should not be changed (and so far I have not had a case where I had to do this). But in general it is possible.

Go through below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3357552

Reards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct. Appriciated that you have suggested the std, functionality.

REgards

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

As per your suggestion, I have created a new inspection type "Y33" and assigned with inspection lot origin 05 - Other goods receipt. In OMJJ, I have assigned the Indicator "QM not active" for the movement type 541.

When I create the 542 document, still inspection lot is not getting generated.  Please suggest me where I went wrong?

I want the inspection lot to be created when 542 movement is done

Please do the needful

J.Balakrishnan

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bala,

In standard SAP, Inspection lots cannot be generated for movement type 542. Therefore, maintaining an inspection type for your material would result in no inspection lots creation. As I also stated before, You cannot set or change the relationship between IL origin and Mov type.

You can try one more option. Create a customer defined movement type, which already has the assignment of appropriate inspection lot origin, and use that for your purpose.

Regards,

ntn

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Can you please provide the steps for configuration for this process?

J.Balakrishnan

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Pl go through the following link to find the steps for creating new movement type.

http://scn.sap.com/message/7975631

Once the movement is created, go to config setting and assign the inspection lot origin 05 into it.

Quality Management>> Quality inspection>> Inspection lot creation >> Inspection for goods movement>> Movement Type/Update Control/Inspection Lot Origin

Regards,

ntn

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thank you. Let me check and revert back

My Basic doubt is as follows,

How system creates the Inspection lot with inspection type 01 when the GR is done with reference to PO (101 mvt)  and similarly how an inspection lot is created with inspection type 03 when we create a production order

ie.., How this configuration  / assignment of inspection type and movement type is mapped in SAP?

Is it SAP standard or we can modify this????

Please resolve the silly doubt

J.Balakrishnan

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

That is very basic question and same had come to my mind also during my initial days in QM

If you look at the very first response of mine in this thread, I have mentioned that Relationship between the IL origin and Movement type cannot be changed or set, So I guess it is standard functionality of SAP.

If you follow the path I provided in previous response, you can see that insp lot origin value is maintained for all movement type, wherever applicable. For your case (542), no such value is maintained and is blank.

Regards,

ntn

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

First of all, how you created a inspection type 21 in stdn number space, system only allows Z or Y base for customized inspection type.

secndly, go and check in config  "Inspection against movement type", against which mvt type you want a QA lot. in that system will tell you after posting the required movement type, particular lot created with specific lot origin type. then go and cretae the Z inpsection type by taking the referrence of that inspection type which is assigned against your required mvt type.

REgards

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Are you trying to say that you have set the indicator for deactivating the inspection lot creation for 542 movement, but want to generate the insp lot when 541 is reversed (and 542 takes place)?? Pl correct me if I misunderstood.

Besides, you cannot set or change the relationship between IL origin and Mov type. However, you can control the insp lot creation based on movement type through OMJJ.

Regards,

ntn

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

I want to inspect the material sent by the vendor if it was not processed by vendor. We create 541 mvt and we dispatch to vendor and when material is received after processing we do GR and inspect with inspection type 01. Similarly, we require inspection lot to be triggered when we reverse 541 mvt document (If vendor has the material without processing). Please provide the steps for activating for this movement type

J.Balakrishnan

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bala,

As I stated earlier

"You cannot set or change the relationship between IL origin and Mov type. However, you can control the insp lot creation based on movement type through OMJJ"

Basically, you need an inspection lot when 542 is made but not when 541 is done, Correct??

05 insp type is correct for this (other GR inspection). Go to OMJJ and deactivate the inspection lot generation for 541 movement. You would get the insp lot only when 542 is made.

Follow the path

OMJJ>> Movement type>> Enter 541 to 542>> Select the row and click on Deactivate QM inspection >> Set the indicator for 'QM not active' for 541 movement.

This should work for you.

Regards,

ntn

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thank you, let me check and revert back

J.Balakrishnan

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

I have done the above said configuration for mvt type - 541 and 542, but inspection lot is not getting created,

J.Balakrishnan

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In you original post, you said that you have de-activated the inspection lot generation for 542 movement through SPRO settings. This could be the reason. Pl maintain this functionality also and let me know.

Regards,

ntn

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I did some google and found the following thread which exactly match your requirement. Pl go through it once. Inspection lot for movement type 542 can be generated with customized movement type only as it is not possible for 542 directly.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1518909

In the above link, procedure for customizing the movement type is also given in the last response. Pl read both the threads.

I hope I have added this time.

Kind regards,

ntn