Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll file on request

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a requirement where a soap call should trigger a ftp to rfc scenario. The soap call contains the file name which should then be polled from an ftp server and sent to an erp via rfc call.

Do you have any ideas how such a scenario can be implemented using sap pi 7.3?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

He Peter,

You have the choice of making a SOAP -RFC scenario and to do the FTP connection in a java mapping.

Check Former Member's blog  http://scn.sap.com/blogs/praveen.sutra/2012/09/10/java-mapping-code-to-connect-to-ftp-location-and-p... in order to do a FTP connection from java.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

The problem is the polling of a specific file on request from FTP. Only idea so far is to do it completely within a java mapping. But this would be very intransparent. Do you see any other options?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

no, I don't see this option. As far as I know there is no way in PI to actively trigger a poll without using custom coding. The FTP and file adapters are built in a way that they poll automatically.

The only option besides Java mapping would be a BPM where you collect the file and only proceed when the second condition - your SOAP call - is met. But I wouldn't recommend that, since it is possible that this BPM instance would be open for hours or days, if I understand correctly. Any restart could destroy that instance, and it unnecessarily blocks space in memory.

Why can't you send the file with the SOAP call? That would be the neatest option.

Regards,

Jörg