cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of TCP connections parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i wondering if there is any possibility to increase the number on TCP connections that the application establishes. Not only to perform normal operations but also to increase performance when downloading / uploading attachments.

The idea is to increase the throughput and the performance of the application. What options do we have to achieve this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The idea is to increase the throughput and the performance of the application. What options do we have to achieve this?

Kindly refer the SAP KBA 1612283  - Hardware Configuration Standards and Guidance based on this document you can change the parameters values

Thanks

Sriram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please give more input what kind of documents . Is it related to ESS/MSS functionality or HR related functionality.

If it is related to above then one thing i would suggest to check the code that is for the attachment . What kind of validation is happening when you upload the documents . Where i am coming from is that when you upload the documents system does certain validation and check tables and generate a unique code which can be used when user want to see the document.

So even if you increase the resources and if the validation is taking time you still not be able to fix it.

So its better also to check the key tables that are being check and build there indexes and stats at db level so that you eliminate the validation time.

I have seen cases when it takes up to one min for doc to get uploaded due to the validations.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is related to ECC, purchase orders attachments and operations like PO copy, PO print, etc. I suppose that validation is also performed here, am I wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes correct so take a trace and see which tables are called...

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi,

I will check the tables. In terms of TCP connections, is it possible to increase the number of TCP connections that the app establishes? I am not authorized to check the KBA:

Just wondering if this possibliity exists and it is not a pain to implement it. Also it would be nice to know what are the risks or consequences of that implementation.

Thanks in advance, this is helping a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think that then its difficult as you have to read the note and check different things. Its not some program or a parameter that you can just apply. But the note is for Intel/AMD x64 Hardware running Windows

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, i will give the links to our SAP team, they should be able to review the KBAs.