cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prevent re-pricing on completed orders?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I just wanted to know your thoughts on this:  The issue I have is with re-pricing in already created orders that are fully delivered and billed.  We need to make a change to several such orders (not pricing related change) and save the Sales Orders.  What I see is that in some scenarios pricing is re-triggered in the Sales Orders.  Is there a one-stop and fool-proof fix to achieve this without updating the user-exit code and the routines assigned to the condition types in the pricing procedure.  In other words no pricing exits, or standard SAP pricing should trigger, or if triggered the old values should persist.

We tried using a BAPI, but it didn't work.  It looks like SAP does not supports Pricing Type 'D' in the LOGIC_SWITCH for the BAPI that we used, i.e., BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

A die-hard SAPAddict.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once a delivery or billing is generated for any line item, there will not be any pricing update in sale order as the condition tab would be greyed out including "Update" button.  In your case, if it is happening, definitely, some exit is in place which you must check with your ABAPer

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
G Lakshmipathi,
Once a delivery or billing is generated for any line item, there will not be any pricing update in sale order as the condition tab would be greyed out including "Update" button.  
Please check when a delivery is created (even if picking and PGI is done) is the button "Update" greyed out (in the sales order, at item level).
According to my test only after billing (accounting doc created) is the button "Update" greyedout.
Side comment - I have not check if billing document is not posted to accounts, then what would be the impact on button "Update".
Done the test in a Sandbox system - When billing document is created, even if an accounting document is not created - The button "Update" is greyedout, in the sales order, line item level.

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member44712
Participant
0 Kudos

Good lord!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra, MoazzaM, Lakshmipathi, TW, Artur,

Thank you all for replying to my question, and I apologize for not replying promptly.  As some of you mentioned, pricing for an item is locked after first billing of that item.  This is true if the Pricing Procedures are the same.  It so happened that was not the case in our scenario.

Thanks,

A die-hard SAPAddict

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with user exit MV45AFZB using new_pricing .

Artur.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as I know we cannot change price of that item in order which is fully delivered and billed. What do you exactly mean by this that system is repricing.

Thank$

j_mathur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SAPAddict,

Can you please throw some more light on the actual Business scenario here.

Why do you need to make changes to sales orders that are already fully delivered and billed?

What kind of changes are you trying to make here and what is that you are trying to achieve by making this change? Which pricing elements get redetermined when you are trying to make such changes?

Can you please also confirm the volume(number of) of sales orders where such change is required to be made?

My apologies for asking so many questions, but without knowing the overall scenario, it will be difficult to arrive at a resolution, which can satisfy the business need in the long run.

Jitendra