cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introscope Host Adapter issue with solman_setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I am on managed system setup -> step 8 -> Introscope host agent. It keeps erroring out :

Contrary to other posts, I have done the "create user" properly. When I look at the jvm_smdagent.out, I see the following error:

Now the Wily EM is on version 9.0.2. The SMD is trying to fire up the v8 agent. That explains why the connection failed. But how do you get the SMD to run the V9 agent instead of the V8? Which configuration file controls that? The V9 agent files physically exist in the /usr/sap/DAA directory paths though.

By the way, we are getting nothing but nightmares with this Wily EM V9 as Solman just doesn't have any good way to handle the switch from V8 to V9 in the SMD. Note that there is NO "bytecode installation" screen as this is an ABAP system. The V9 Wily agent SCA file is already installed on the solman java stack.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roman and Rishi

Thank you for your help. The issue was fixed.

I don't know what exactly fixed it. I have re-installed SMD agent as I noticed that the version is a bit old. I installed the version 7.3 SP03. Then I noticed the Wily EM is giving error like "socket cannot be opened" in the log. Then I have to restart the Wily EM a couple of times. Somehow I was able to rerun the failed step successfully.

Regards,

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Roman

Thanks for your input. I have tried to setup the managed system on a PI 7.3.1(java stack only) which is installed on the same host as the ERP 6.0 EHP6 server. I received the same error.

I don't agree that the java version has anything to do with it. The agent is merely trying to connect to wily and it failed. For example, when the agent is sending the data to wily, then it calls the wily agent jar files. I don't think it has made it that far yet.

Any other idea?

Thx

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My reply was about introscope agent versions (check quote in answer). About agent connection issues please check SAP KBA 1905707 provided by .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now the Wily EM is on version 9.0.2. The SMD is trying to fire up the v8 agent. That explains why the connection failed. But how do you get the SMD to run the V9 agent instead of the V8? Which configuration file controls that? The V9 agent files physically exist in the /usr/sap/DAA directory paths though.

Please read Note 1565954 - Introscope 9 Release Notes (p.10).

10. The Introscope 9 Java agent only supports Java 5 or newer. This means that for Netweaver 7.0x and other systems running on Java 1.4 still the Introscope agent 8.x must be used. But of course Introscope agents 8.x can be connected to Enterprise Manager 9.x. Only the opposite connection (agent 9.x connecting to EM 8.x) is not possible.

To support a mixed deployment of 8.x and 9. x agents adequately, the following changes have been implemented for SolMan 7.1:

a) Introscope Java agent 9.x is packaged into a different software component ISAGENT_MIN_J5. This allows to deploy an 8.x and a 9.x java agent at the same time on Solution Manager 7.1. The software component information page on Solution Manager will then display two entries like this:

sap.com / ISAGENT 8 SP2 (8.2.2.0...)

sap.com / ISAGENT_MIN_J5 9 SP10 (9.1.0.0...)

b) Introscope agent setup in Solution Manager 7.1 automatically detects whether the managed system uses Java 5 or later and selects the right agent (8.x or 9.x) for this system.
Former Member
0 Kudos