Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

I'm going to patch an ERP 604 that have a few patches

The system has patch 7 for SAP_HR and the latest in SMP is patch A0! (100)

The rest of the components are similar, from 17 to 30 patches of difference in the most of the components

What advice can you give me about this old system that I need to patch?

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, that should be fun.   I generally would recommend going with a support stack plus the latest HR patches, if you need them.  The main note for EHP4 is Note 1297231 - SAP ERP Enhan. Pk. 4 SP Stacks - Release & Information Note, so you might want to familiarize yourself with it.  Even so, with going up that far in one step, you might run into problems that are not listed in the note(s), so good testing and a good backup before starting are essential.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm going to patch an ERP 604 that have a few patches.

>> What do you mean by this ? if its a ERP6 EHP4, it will atleast have all ERP & NW comonents.

The system has patch 7 for SAP_HR and the latest in SMP is patch A0! (100)

>> What is version of SAP_HR ? 604 or 600 ?

The rest of the components are similar, from 17 to 30 patches of difference in the most of the components

>> dont only see patch, version is also important.

What advice can you give me about this old system that I need to patch?

>> SAP always recommends to apply Support Pack Upgrade, dont apply single-single patch. Also, use SAP Solution Manager MOPZ to calculate correct stack xml for doing update with all components in consideration.

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Yes, It's a ERP6 EHP4. This system hasn't been patched in many years (that means that has few patches)

2. SAP_HR is 600

3. I have identified the version of all components, I'm just pointing that the system need several patches

4. I will apply all the necessary patches for all components, thanks for your advise