cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating to an AB Control Logix 5561 Processor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to communicate to a Control Logix 5561 PLC via RSLinx 2.5 and UDS OPC 2.5.0.4. Not having any luck. The UDS Service takes a LONG time to start. I can browse some tags like [TOPIC].Online.CLOCK_PLC.Sec but I cannot query on them.

HELP!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All -

Solved my problem. The erratic behavior of the UDS appears to be related to browsing the large memory space of the PLC (2 Meg in this case). The UDS just could not handle it. I disabled name-space browsing on the UDS and hacked the UDS-TAG.XML file to create a set of tags. ( Catch 22: The UDS does not let you create a tag unless you browse for the address.) Any way, once I did this it worked like a charm.

Thanks for your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to hear that you problem is solved!

Just so you know, the next gen xMII UDSs that are coming out will allow you to create a full alias file at configuration time so that you don't have to create your own.

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin-

I tried to key in a tag but I cannot type in the address. When I attempt to use the browse function, the OPC Collector will error out or it will not find the desired tag based on the browse mask.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

we had the same problem connection xMII with a Panasonic OPC Server and a Win CC OPC Server.

The UDS was able to see the configured tags but the xMII brings back a COM error if you try to run a query.

We solved it in the following way.

In the UDS Documentaion it's mentioned that the UDS service has to run with a user Account and not with system account. So we changed our UDS service to Administrator account.

We also changed the OPC Server service to run using the same account (DCOM Configuration).

In a productive environment, you should use the account the OPC is running with.

Now works perfect. Also with special characters in the tagname like "_".

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a known issue with the 2.5.0.4 UDS that doesn't allow for some characters, in you case the underscore character '_'. The only way around this is to make an alias file to change the name (I would suggest something like "TOPIC.Online.CLOCK.PLC.Sec" which would map to the source you mentioned.

This issue is resolved in the new 4.0.2 UDSs but they are slow going into QA right now. The estimated timeline for them is in the Q2-Q3 timeframe of this year.

Martin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devid,

Please explain bit more about scenario so that we can get the problem.

Is xml Mode of communication between RSLinx 2.5 and UDS OPC 2.5.0.4 ?

I think you want to take PLC data in xMII than want apply some logic in BLS.

Is it ?

How you have configured UDS service?

Best Regards

Ramshanker Upadhyay