cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy all data of ALV grid and display in other screen ... Possible or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a customer was asking if it's possible to display all the data of an ALV grid on another screen, in order to create some cockpit ...

Through the Howto http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40457 you can copy a specific value, but now I was wondering as well if it would be possible to copy the whole ALV grid.

Let me know what you are thinking about this ?!

Regards

Bart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can copy all of the data from a table - that's what the CopyTable action does in the How To you link to. And you could write some JavaScript to loop over all the entries in the table. What is not currently possible is to create a new ALV grid on another screen to put the data into. If the other screen had, as standard, an ALV grid on it then I guess you could paste into that, but the grid would have to be the same shape and have the same data types, and you'd need to deal with adding extra rows dynamically as necessary. It wouldn't be easy, but it might just be doable. I can't think of a scenario where you'd want to do that, though:-)

But it sounds like you're wanting to add an ALV grid to an existing screen and paste data into it. I think the answer to that is, "No."

Steve.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually Steve, the creation of that skeleton program is indeed something that would be a very nice solution.   Was already thinking on this as well ...

Ok know enough to give feedback now. Thanks guys for the answers. 

Regards

Bart

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Bart,

The GUI has quite a small buffer so this is not possible.

If you scroll down through the ALV grid,you will see the loading process.

Your best option is to export the data via List Export Local file which should bring all the data you

require for export.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since we're talking about Personas here, it is possible to turn on table caching to make the whole table available and not just the visible part. But yes, if you don't do that then the CopyTable action will only copy the lines currently visible. I've forgotten that fact more than once...

Steve. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, thinking further about this, you could create a skeleton ABAP transaction with an ALV grid on it and build your cockpit on that transaction. That might just work...

Steve.