cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign Profit centre into "Profit Centre for Billing field(VBAP-PCTRF)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Expert

Do you know how to assign Profit centre into "Profit Centre for Billing field(VBAP-PCTRF)" in Sales order.

Now I can't release Accounting document from Billing (F2) with T-Cd VF01 in Inter company billing process because of missing Profit centre(Error message F5808).

And I confirmed that Accounting document has been released successfully if Profit centre has been assigned into that field with Debug-mode.

Usually that field seems to be invisible.

Thanks,

yuki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Yuki,

Maintain the profit center in the sales/general plant tab(material master). You can maintain profit center according to the sale area and plant.

while creating sale order it will fetch the profit center automatically according to the (delivering) plant you enter in the shipping tab(item level).check in account assignment tab

Plant level data are stored in table:                 MARC.

Client level data are stored in table:                MARA.

Storage location level data are stored in:         MARD.  

Profit Center:

Organizational unit in Accounting that reflects a management-oriented structure of the organization for the purpose of internal control.

Operating results for profit centers can be analyzed using either the cost-of-sales approach or the period accounting approach.

By analyzing the fixed capital as well, you can expand your profit centers for use as investment centers.

Karthick.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Friends

Thank you for your reply. I'm happy because I'm wondering all alone for a long time ...

And let me clarify the issue, again.

<Condition>

• Configuration
    • Plant A is assigned into Sales Org A
    • Plant B is assigned into Sales Org A and B
  • Master
    • Profit Centre A is assigned into Company Code A
    • Profit Centre B is assigned into Company Code B and Plant B

<Procedure>

1. Create Sales Order with Sales Org A and put Plant B into item in order to process Intercompany billing finally.
    * Profit Centre B is assigned into Profit Centre field (PRCTR) in Accounting tab, and I try to put A into Profit Centre(PCTRF), but this field is grey out. So I can't assigned anything into it.
  2. Create Delivery and PGI with Sales Org A from Plant B
  3. Create Billing(F2) with Sales Org A
    -> it should be created Profit Centre A (I'm thinking it is coming from VBAP-PCTRF)
  4. Create Intercompany Billing(IV) with Sales Org B
    -> it should be created Profit Centre B

Now Error shows up at the Procedure 3,

To resolve the issue, I want to know how to assign PRCTR field when creating Sales Order.

Thanks,

yuki

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see  SAP Note 1532865 - FAQ: Profit center in the billing document, and related notes.

Hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the profit center via a substitution (tcode OKEM to define a substitution rule, tcode OKEL to assign to a controlling area. In OKEM, as substitution method you can use exit option (a user exit: check oss note 173798 which has an example).

Regards,

JM

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Kindly note that we are assigning the Profit Center in Material Master Tab.

Whatever Profit Center is assigned over there that profit center will reflect in Bill.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kundan

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Cancel Invoice in VF11 and reverse the PGI in VL09 and add Profit center in sales order in item level under account assignment tab and save it and try to run again cycle.This is the best way,you need to do on this.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Narendra

Thank you !!

But VBAP-PCTRF is grey out, so I can't assigned anything into this field when creating/changing Sales order.

Do you know the way to assign the value into this field?

Thanks,

yuki

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think,if the subsequent document is there for order then it would be grayed out.

Please share the doc flow of this.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yuki

Karthick is right , you should not do  in debugging but if this is the only way you have , you can do it via SE16 and change in debugging there at table level. I have tried it and was able to change. Remember you have to go on next screen in SE16 to change this field since there are many fields.

Hope you know how to change data in SE16 in debugging if not let me know

Sudesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

kindly maintain the profit center in your material master, it will automatically pick the profit center.

changing in the table level is not advisable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Karthick

Thank you for your reply.

As you know, Profit centre field is in MARC.

the relationship of each order is as below. So I don't know where is profit centre  in "3. Billing" coming from.

1. Sales order: Sales Org A - Plant B
  2. Delivery: Sales Org A
  3. Billing: Sales Org A
  4. Intercompany Billing: Sales Org B

Thanks,

yuki