cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One form for different languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I have one PDF with one language form for LSO correspondence.

How to implement this form for second language without translation?

I need only one form for two languages. Is it possible?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

CreyJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

our strategy is to define the labels as global variables in the interface and fill these variables in the form initialization from a certain text table. So we can have global labels in the system, which can be used in different forms.

-Jürgen-

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Yes, sure is that possible. But remember you have to put everything in characterfields which is translated automatical.

Here is one example:

Field: vbdpa-meins

BC is the unit for piece

The translation give you for free

EN  PC

DE  ST

and so on.

You have to create charfields and do

SET language nast-spras.

WRITE vbdpa-meins to gv_yourfield_for_adobe.

The same for WAERS, here is not that typical, but it could happen.

Regards

Florian

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not use the translation tools you have available, you are just making life much harder than it should be. I had to do 6 processes (about 8-10) forms in 5 different languages. The translation tool was a lifesaver. Do not make it difficult. The K.I.S.S. acronym always wins.

If you choose any other way, you will still need to do translation at some point. If you have elements in your form that you show/hide based on user's language selection (like one static content text box for English and another for Spanish), you are just muddying up the form layout, adding unnecessary scripting, etc.....and you STILL have to have the various translations in place.

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir,

Can you please be more clear.

As per my understanding from your question.

If you need only one adobe form for different languages without using translation option at form builder level.

Then you can use either text modules or standard texts as per your requirement and include these texts at the context level in the adobe form.

Pass the language as Langu ,where this Langu variable will be passed either from print program or interface code initialisation where langu = sy-langu.

Please let me know if this doest not suit your requirement.

Rgds,

Varun