cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link Agentry development server(VMware) with agentry project on other desktop?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the question is: How to link an Agentry development server(which is installed on a virtual machine) with an agentry project(eclipse) which is situated on an other laptop?

So what do i fill in in the textbox below ?

Greetings,

Bart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can leave it blank here, then when you do your first publish you will want to use the network path of the machine to the Server folder.  Like:
\\<Server Name>\<Drive letter>$\<Install Path>\Agentry.ini

Ex.  \\VMServer\C$\Agentry\ServerDev\Agentry.ini

Note, when you push the Browse Button you need to be able to select the Agentry.ini file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have tried this, but we always get 'Path does not exist. Please verify the correct path was given.' Do we have to change a setting on the VM or something? I also want to be clear that the Agentry server is running on a Virtual Machine that is located on a different pc than the one we're working on. We appreciate your help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you open file explorer on the machine with the Agentry Editor and see if you navigate to the Agentry Server Folder on the VM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We cannot navigate to the Agentry Server Folder on the VM, no... We are now developing on the VM itself because that seems to be the only way we can locate the Server location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Xana,

Because you are not able to navigate to the Server folder on the VM, it sounds like there is a network error between the servers.  To resolve that you may need to get with your IT department.

Just to let you know I have been able to publish from my Local machine to a VM running on my Machine, and also a VM running a different place in the network.  To be able to publish you need to be access the file location, and also have create Read, write, and create permissions on the folder location.

Stephen.

Answers (0)