cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLAR02 Configuration structure versus Configuration tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLAR02 offers two approaches to implement configuration in solution manager project tools:

• maintain configuration structure (you find this in hierarchy tree on left-handside)

OR

• configuration TAB on Business Scenario, Business process and Business Process step levels

• configuration TAB on master data and organizational data nodes

What is the point having so many options?

Why would I use the Configuration structure option instead of configuration TABs? Examples of using Configuration structure?

Best practises???

br: Kim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KIm,

some configuration settings go cross several scenarios and would need to be assigned several times in the scenario part of the structure (e. g. calendar settings). The "cross topics" are represented in the configuration structure.

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

I understand your point, but does projects really do that way? I mean that configuration is scattered partly in configuration structure (for common configurations) and partly within different levels of project structure and Organizational and Master data.

Has anybody choosen to consolidate all configuration in just configuration structure, where it will be easy to locate rather than finding pieces there and pieces here.

br: Kim

Answers (0)