cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between registered hours and actual posting.

former_member412338
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I encounter an issue, please help me out from this trouble.

I check CJI3 report and found actual postings against registerd hours for a WBS period1 to 9.

And in a customize report we can see the registerd hours for period 1 to 9 for same WBS, but in both reports i get a difference of 731 hours.

Now i want to compare from where this diffrence is coming and trying to run both reports for every period one by one.

And each report i see the difference of hours as per below-

periodcji3z*diffrence
period118762.1418762.140
period217250.0617242.567.5
period317313.817358.55-44.75
period416550.9816513.7337.25
period515156.6215179.12-22.5
period616888.0316917.88-29.85
period716710.3216657.9752.35
period88503.9111838.34-3334.43
period920560.0016494.574065.43
total147695.86146964.86731

Now if I check both report from seprate periods and getting thousands of entries, so its not possible to check it 1 by 1 .

Any body can please suggest me how to proceed.

Thanking you in adavance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member412338
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Let me clarify about Z* report, in this we get all the registered hours only and against that we suppose to book the actual cost which should be displayed in CJI3.

Now here the situation is different, for some personnel numbers i checked randomely for different periods and found that double hours are available in CJI3, whereas in Z* report it is less for any perticular week.

So I can not check it manualy for each n every personel number & week.

Is it possible to find out the differences in a collective manner?

Thanking you all in advance.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have already seen a difference,  then you have to analyse for "this" difference where is the problem. It is possible you have more than one but at least you can start to analyse it. When you detect the logic of your problem it will be easy for you analyse the problem.

If you display duplicated hours in CJI3 this is because you have duplicated hours, and you have to check why in your Z* report there are missing.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing you need to check what was the logic built in your Zreport.

Hours booked would be stored in CATSDB and then transferred would be seen CATSPS (here you can see X mark against field transferred)

In CJI3, costs and hours would be showing against PERNR number. So there is no question about. What I mean here though you booked your hours still yet to approve then those will not be seen in CJI3.

Coming to your Z report, you might have billed logic to display the hous when those werre booked along with costs also. Check with your ABAPer and if it was confirmed then chahge your logic to display hours as well costs also in Z then you will not see any differences.

One more thing you see in table AFRC - which display incorrect cost calculation against time booked means those hours are have issue. Also you can check CN30 - Post processing of time sheet.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vindhesh,

Check if you have used any filter in the report.

Also would suggest you to check Business transaction in CJI3 for each entry.

Regards

Tushar

former_member412338
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

there is no filter in report.

I can not check manually all entries as for every period i am getting 10000 to 20000 lines.

Even i tried to check for few lines and found the actual posting hours are less or more thatn the hours registered in z* report.

Thanking you.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vindhesh,

CJI3 only will display hours which costs have been transferred  ( the controlling document have been generated)

Not sure what your Z* report is showing :

time registered in the system? or

time which cost have been transferred to controlling?

If your report is showing the time registered in the system you can have differences because it is possible some of this time have not been transferred the cost.

If you need more help I think you should provide more information about the Z* report.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From where you are getting hours for your Z report needs to be checked. As mentioned above its should not any difference if the hours are extracted from time sheet postings and not from CATS table.

Pramod