cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdobeDocumentServices ADS failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having trouble with ADS. Followed the ADS config manual and I still can not create documents.

Here the results of the check tests.

• SM59 RFC- destination ADS
Status HTTP Response302
Status TextFound
Duration Test Call81 ms

• SE38

FP_TEST_00     

ADS: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.Processin(200101)

Message no. FPRUNX001

FP_PDF_TEST_00

Test is ok. it gives the version number.

FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE

Without  destination service it gives the number of bytes OK

With  destination service error message.

SYSTEM ERROR: ADS: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: Problem accessing data from Destination: dest:FP_ICF_DATA_ECD//sap/bc/fp/form/layout/FP_FORM_SECURITY_TEST.XDP?fp-language=DE(200.101).

Exception of class CX_FP_RUNTIME_INTERNAL

FP_CHECK_HTTP_DATA_TRANSFER

With and without Destination Service error message

SYSTEM ERROR: ADS: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: Problem accessing data from Destination: dest:FP_ICF_DATA_ECD//sap/bc/fp/form/layout/FP_FORM_SECURITY_TEST.XDP?fp-language=DE(200.101).

FP_TEST_IA_01

When trying to generate a pdf the following exeption rises.

http://<server>/sap/bc/webdynpro/fb4u/wd_ess_choice      ---       terminated

• WebDynpro Exception: ADS call failed Adobe Document Services: com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: Problem accessing data from Destination: dest:FP_ICF_DATA_ECD//sap/bc/fp/form/layout/=/FB4U/PDF_FORM_TOTAL_OV.XDP?fp-language=EN(200.101). 

• RABAX_STATE
  • Method: RAISE of program CX_WD_GENERAL=================CP
    Method: CREATE_PDF_DDIC of program CL_WD_ADOBE_SERVICES==========CP
    Method: CREATE_PDF of program CL_WD_ADOBE_SERVICES==========CP
    Method: IF_NW7_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/CADOBE==================CP
    Method: IF_NW7_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/CADOBE==================CP
    Method: IF_NW7_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/C8STANDARD==============CP
    Method: IF_NW7_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/C8STANDARD==============CP
    Method: IF_NW7_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/C7STANDARD==============CP

Further the ADSUser is created the passwords are identical ADS_AGENT too.

Any suggestions????

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Ranko

if you go to Visual Admin and navigate to Services, Destinations you should find under HTTP a destination like FP_ICF_DATA_ECD . Set the user ADS_AGENT and password related then click save. What message do you receive?

would you mind to remind me if you are on dual stack scenario or single java stack?

Let me know

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the replay. Yes i forgot to mention earlier that im getting an error mssg in VA. The FP_ICF_DATA_ECD destination name under http is giving back an http error 404.

The strange thing is that the user and pass are identical with the backend.

The URL and the rest are also correct. I didnt pay much attention to this error cause i read in one of sap notes that this error can be set aside (?).

The ECD backend is abap only.

Oh yeah the roles for ads_agent are green

Thanks.

Ranko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranko,

Try giving the wrong passwords for the ADS_AGENT user and test whether you are getting the authentication error.

As well try to provide more acess for the ADS-AGENT user for sometime.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

After changing the passwords and giving more access rights im still getting the 404 error.

Ranko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranko,

ADS will work even 404 error found. So please try to execute the ADS reports and check once again.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mate

i see your point regarding FP_ICF but i believe it should not return that kind of error

Can you try open this from your browser and let me know what do you see?

http://fqn_backend_hostname:port/sap/bc/fp/form/layout/FP_FORM_SECURITY_TEST.XDP?fp-language=DE(200....

BTW i recommend you check also 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Im getting a log in screen i enter the ads_user and pass. the screen turns blank.

Ranko

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, In the case of we all configurations are done for your and cannot find the solution.

My experience is:

Error in Solman 7.2FPS12. with ADS.

Processing exception during a "Render" operation.
Request start time: Wed Jun 09 14:38:10 ART 2021
com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: HTTP-401 Error.
File Not Found while reading Dest URL: http://XXXXXX:8000/sap/bc/fp/form/layout/FP_TEST_IA_01.XDP?fp-language=DE
Unauthorized

And the testing in enviroments DEV QAS and QAS(clon jaja) is ok, ADS show PDF very well, but in production show the folllowing error. file not found while reading DEST. Then reading all notes in ADS i finded the solution.

1)

2378564 - How to configure ADS_AGENT roles SAP_BC_FP_ICF and SAP_BC_FPADS_ICF

Sypmtom:

• ADS Destination Service report test FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE returns error.
  • ADS_AGENT roles SAP_BC_FP_ICF and SAP_BC_FPADS_ICF have incorrect configuration (red/yellow status instead of green).
  • Typical error in ADS trace:
    com.adobe.ProcessingException: com.adobe.ProcessingException: HTTP-404 Error.
    File Not Found while reading Dest URL: http://<ABAP_HOST_NAME>:<ABAP_PORT>/sap/bc/fp/form/layout/Z_EXAMPLE_PDF_FORM_NAME.XDP

2)

915399 - com.adobe.ProcessingError: File not found on: URL location:

Point:
ABAP Service User - ADS_AGENT

This user must have role SAP_BC_FPADS_ICF. (or copied role)

Display role SAP_BC_FPADS_ICF via transaction PFCG, tabs 'Authorizations' and 'User' must have green signal. If signal is not green, generate profile or call 'User Comparison

Regards.

Alvarez, Blas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranko,

If you have resolved the issue, please close the thread as answered.

BR,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranko,

Below SAP note will help you:::

Note 999998 - Analyzing errors with Adobe Integration of Web Dynpro ABAP

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have given this note in my earlier chat, pls check.

OSS 1177315 - ADS RFC destination test return 403 404 code

BR,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the input solved my problem by restarting Java on the portal side.

ADS_AGENT got also extended rights SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW.

My earlier statement that there where no upgrades is not correct. There were a couple of support packages imported. later ill try to name them. Thanks again.

Ranko

btw

Even now im still getting an 404 http error in Visual Admin destinations FP_ICF_DATA_ECD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the update

Former Member
0 Kudos
sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please let us know which steps failed and what was the error?

Thanks,

Sunny

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jovanovich and Sunny Pahuja,

I am also getting same issue   when I run   FP_TEST_00 and  FP_PDF_TEST_00    from SE38  ...after getting login screen its prompts for user id and password of ADS_agent .After that its showing Blank.

Many Experts told that without user credentials it has to be deliver  version  details. If not there is a wrong configuration .

If you get solution please post the solution .its a great help.

Thanks,

Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it prompts for the user ID and password then am sure it is having some issue with the user ID/password or authorization issue.

Is ADSUser and ADSCallers role are created and assigned correctly?

Please check the passwords once again.

Regards,

Raja. G

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you can tell us at which step you are facing error and what is the error while doing troubleshooting from SAP note 944221 then we might help you.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu

did you insert the server name in the safe list of your browser?

I believe that your issue is different than Ranko's one

I have an ads up&running and when i point to http://fqn_backend_hostname:port/sap/bc/fp/form/layout/FP_FORM_SECURITY_TEST.XDP?fp-language=DE(200....

without credentials it should give you login failed

with credentials, i've used mine but it should not make difference, i receive an xml page (meaning it works!)

Let me know if you need more info

a

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did test  from  SA38->Execute report FP_TEST_00,

SYSTEM ERROR: SOAP Framework error: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP send returned with status code  (100,101)

Exception of class CX_FP_RUNTIME_INTERNAL.

some time its gives no material header.

Thanking you all .

Regards,'

Chandu

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like RFC for ADS in SM59 is not create correctly. Could you please check if path prefix is fine there ? Please also check what is message that you get when test ADS RFC.

Thanks,

Sunny

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny Pahujs,

My RFC connection test shows OK  ..No error at all.

My HCM consultant are unable to  print  PDF tax forms 941 from PU19. It will shows only header structure  but not with sub tree structure.

Sorry   ranko Jovanovic  I sharing your thread for my issue also.

My HCM

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The service had worked some time before.

There where no upgrades it just 'suddenly' stopped working.

i would like to try and sove this without patching.

Ranko

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please refer to SAP note 944221 and perform test from point 4.2 onwards?

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below notes which will help you.

OSS 1177315 - ADS RFC destination test return 403 404 code

OSS 1368090 - Central Note for ADS on NW71

OSS 1757467 - Adobe Document Services (ADS) in NW AS ABAP 7.4

OSS 1695036 - PDFManipulation Service can't be started

Regards,

Prabhakar