cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location in a PPDS PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus -

I'm trying to plan a semi-finished material in APO at the Storage Location MRP Area level and not at the plant level. I have successfuly CIF'ed the MRP areas, sources of supply for MRP Area etc. But I also need to populate the Storage Location field in the PPM input component to create the demand for the semi-finished at the SLMA level.

In the BOM I have updated the field "Prod. stor. location EA" with my Storage Location. I tried to CIF it but it did not come through. I was reading the SAP help docs and I see that the logic in updating this field for an input component is as follows.

1. Storage location from the operation to which the component, the co-product, or by-product are assigned

The system uses the storage location from the production supply area of the work center that is assigned to this operation.

2. Storage location from the BOM of the assembly

The system uses the production storage location that is entered in the BOM item of the component or the co-product.

There are two other options but I've not listed them here.

I don't really want to populate the Storage Location based on PSA of the work area as there will be many materials in the same operation of which some may be planned at the SLMA level and others at the plant level.

So how do we get the system to populate the Storage Location based of the BOM input component?

Any help is appreciated!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

Use procedure for determining the issue storage location if all the components are stored together at a storage location as defined in the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me52/helpdata/EN/8a/a5aaa94adc11d189740000e8322d00/content.htm

Hope this helps

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swetha, I already have the BOm component populated with the storage location but it's not being populated in APO.