cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy of production solman system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a production solution manager 7.1 running in my landscape and all the systems(PRD,QA,DEV and Sandbox) are connected to it.

As part of our SP update activity for production solution manager system, I am planning to create another solution manager system( say like DEV) as a copy of production solman system.

1.       1. What is the best way of creating DEV solution manager , ie. Install new system or do system copy of Production solution manager system ? (I prefer syscopy)

2.       2. What are the important point to be taken care if I copy Production solution manager system and create DEV ?

3.       3. Do you have any solution manager system specific post process after system copy ?

Expecting all of your help here

Thanks & regards,

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JorgeWeiss
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

To create a DEV for a Solution Manager landscape the best guess would be a homogeneous system copy of your PRD, since this is the systems to be maintained.

Once DEV is created, a good cleaning process is necessary.

My suggestion would be to keep only the sandbox systems of the initial landscape connected to DEV ( to test scenarios like Monitoring, Implementation, ChaRM).

The sandbox systems can be deleted from PRD after connect them to DEV (unless you use then as evaluation systems in projects).

Keep both synchronized with the same SPs, starting always on DEV then update PRD.

Cheers,

/Weiss

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

guy_rodesch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

We have done the same in the past with a homogenous system copy with latest SWPM tool. Afterwards you have to delete a lot of all the data in SLD, delete RFC destinations, EarlyWatch definitions. Afterwards we deleted the sandbox systems on PRD Solution Manager (again SLD, LMDB (systems, Product systems), RFCs, etc) and recreated them on the new DEV Solution Manager. The same for the Diagnostic Agents.

Afterwards you setup again everything with SOLMAN_SETUP on DEV.

It's quite a lot of work, but it does really great to have 2 different Solution Manager with different independent landscape scenarios.

Regards,

Guy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

What are the functionalties configured in the Solution manager PRD system?

if you have the less configuration in PRD solman system better go for fresh installation and move the configuration setting through TR's.in Dev solman system.

Big issue is after system copy to cleanup the SMSY system landscape details.

Normally in PRD system whole landscape is connected except test system.but in Dev system normally use the test or demo system for config check.

Rg,

Karthik