cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling Schema & k - Factor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

As per my client requirement we will have to use Sampling Schema . In which  sample size vary  as per  lot size  .

But  while creating  the Sampling schema  with  Variable  Ins with S-Method (Qualitative Char) system ask about  Sample size & k  Factor . Please le me

know  the purpose of K – Factor ?

If Select Valuation Mode 500 (Manual Valuation ) in Sampling procedure & assign Sampling Schema ,  then K- factor will be only  for Information purpose at the time of Result Recording ??

My Client  want to use Sampling Schema where  K – Factor should only be  for Information purpose  & Valuation should be done Manually   & not  through system automatically by using  Mean Deviation &  K – Factor

If we use K-factor only for information purpose (Because it is mandatory field in Sampling Schema )  & do RR manually then will it create any problem ??

Thanks  ,

Regards ,

Aman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Can you please elaborate on "use K-factor only for information purpose"? What kind of information would you like to store here?

If you dont want to use K-factor you can create a Sampling Scheme with Valuation parameters as 'Without valuationPars'.

Best Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul   ,

Thanks you so much for the information    .

I have below queries   .

1.       Can we use Sampling Schema with “Without Valuation Parameters” for both kind of

Characteristics (Qualitative & Quantitative ) ??

2.      What will be the impact when we use Sampling Schema  with “Without Valuation  Parameters “   in sampling procedure  .

3.      As per my client requirement they only  want variable  Sample size based on lot size &   they want to  do  Manual acceptance of char at the time of result  recording .  It is applicable for both kind of Char  (Qualitative & Quantitative ) .

Thanks ,

Regards ,

Aman

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can use for both Characteristics & also You can Calculate Sample size based on lot size.

For Manual acceptance, choose Manual valuation at Sampling Procedure Creation.

In Inspection Plan you have to assign your Sampling Procedure for all MIC (Quali/Quanti.)

Test on your devl. Server..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi   Rahul ,

Thank you so much for your suggestion  .

I   pressed F1  on “ With out  Valuation Parameters “ in sampling Schema  & as per   description    it can only be used without   “Task List “  (Inspection Plan ) .   Please let me know this type of sampling procedure can be used with Inspection  plan

Please refer below description  & suggest  .

Without Valuation Parameters

Use -   You set the indicator in:

• Sample-drawing procedure
    • Sampling procedure that you define for sample determination without a task list
  • Customizing for the valuation mode
    You select the valuation mode "without valuation parameters" in a sampling procedure that you define for sample determination without a task list.

Dependencies  

Sampling scheme

Sampling schemes without valuation parameters have the following features:

• The assigned sampling plans contain the sample size that is calculated depending on the lot size.
  • You cannot use them for sample determination of inspection characteristics.

Sampling procedures  

If you define a sampling procedure for sample determination without a task list and you reference a sampling scheme, make sure you:

• Reference a sampling scheme without valuation parameters
  • Previously selected the valuation mode "without valuation parameters"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Yes you can use this sampling scheme in the sampling procedures that you will be assigning in the Inspection Plans.

Best Regards,

Rahul