cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timeout in AF_Adapters/axis/AFAdapterBean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a scenario- PI sends request to receiver via Axis soap protocol and expects a respond from receiver.

However, error- timeout happened nearly everyday:

MessageExpiredException: Message xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx(INBOUND) expired

The request has been sent out to receiver and no punctual response got replied.

So I am seeking methods that can resolve the issue, basically it is receiver's responsibility to reply in time, but I want to make sure we have done all we can do in PI-- whether we have set the timeout parameters to the biggest value...

checking the module in channel: AF_Adapters/axis/AFAdapterBean, AF_Adapters/axis/HandlerBean, and AF_Modules/XMLAnonymizerBean are used.

Currently only a timeout parameter was set for AF_Adapters/axis/AFAdapterBean(afreq), which is set as 1200000000.(what is the UOM of this value, if it's ms, then it's definitely the biggest timeout period has been set)

So except parameter timeout in AFAdapterBean, is there any other place where we can set the timeout value? below listed all types of Axis handler bean:

xireq/xires: java:com.sap.aii.axis.xi.XI30OutboundHandler

wssec: java:com.sap.aii.adapter.axis.ra.handlers.security.WSDoAllSender

trp: java:com.sap.aii.adapter.axis.ra.transport.http.HTTPSender

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have access to the server side and check the web service logs?

Make sure that the response is sent back from server, the response is complete and valid.

Timeout issues can have several causes. Server availability and firewall issues for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Grube, yes, this issue maybe caused by various reasons.

Everyday, we have to resend the request several times, and at last it will succeed... so it shouldn't be issue with firewall.

I just want to make sure, is there any other places in PI where we can set the timeout parameters? or any settings regarding timeout. this can be controlled by us, others like network issue, receiver server issue that we can talk about later.