Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error SAP BI Mobile

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey at all,

last week we updated our BO System to 4.1 SP1 Patch1.

Now we had problems with the BI Mobile App. If we tried to connect to our BO Server we get the following Error Message:

"while trying to invoke the method com.crystaldecisions.sdk.properties.IProperties.getProperty(java.lang.Object) of an object loaded from local variable 'ccMap'

The BI App is the lastest version. I couldn´t find any entry in the log of the BO server nothing. I redeployed BiMobileService war but the error is the same.

Its not realy an BO Error Message its an Java Exception. I could click ok and i only see "No documents available".

I thougt on document would be corrupt therefore i removed all "Mobile" categories but the error is the same.

I added 1 document to the category and tryed to refresh and i get the same error. Iám also get the same error if i refresh with no documents in the category.

Does anybody know the problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey All,

This is a known platform bug in BI 4.1 and has been fixed in latest patches. Please post your specific configuration here and I can help you with patch number in which is resolved.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm to, on Bo 4.0 installation - after upgrading explorer to 4.1 - it worked well again (but juste on IOS)

Regards

Mickaël

former_member206455
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, We're facing similar issue with Mobile BI. The mobile BI service was working fine earlier and suddenly stopped working since Jan-14.

Below behaviour observed in 4.0 SP2 Patch 12 as well as 4.1 SP1 Patch 6.

1. While connecting thru iPAD (only supported) user are getting timed out error after 9 mins.

2. It seems session is established during logon (as I could see user session in CMC) and failed to retrieve document list. (Coz loading page before error popup)

3. From log it seems a particular infostore query is the culprit "SELECT * FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND IN ('Hyperlink','DataDiscoveryAlbum','CrystalReport','Webi','DataDiscovery','XL.XcelsiusEnterprise','Pdf') AND SI_INSTANCE!=1 AND SI_DOC_SENDER = NULL AND (SI_MOBILE_READY LIKE '___1%')"

4. Also we're getting Plugin manager error: unable to locate DataDiscoveryAlbum and DataDiscovery plugin (FWB00006)

This behaviour is observed in our production landscape where non-production is working fine. I tried to run above infostore query both on PRD and non-PRD where PRD timeout after 9 mins. Can anyone guide me what should be the way forward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, We are also facing similar issue. It was working fine till July -14 and getting issues with only production environment. connection to non prod was very quick and no issues.

there was no updates on platform side from last 8 months and the version we are in is BI 4.1 SP1 P1.

Will you able to resolve issue?

Regards,
Avy

CKnall
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Avy,

your issue is interssting, my suggestion is that something in the MoBi app has changened. I'm sorry but i cannot reproduce that issue.

Kindest regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm that at my Bo 4.0 installation - after upgrading also explorer to 4.1 - it worked well again.

Wobi

CKnall
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i had the same issue when updating from BI4.0 SP05 to BI4.1 SP02.

The issue:

after updating the BI Platform, the User gets an error while trying to log on to Mobi with the SAP BI App.

The solution was in my case, that i had an Explorer installation as well and after updating the Explorer, everything works fine.

Kindest regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

We fixed our issue.

In fact, after upgrading BI 4 from 4.0 SP6 to 4.1 we had an error with mobile application on iPad (we didn't see any document in the server).

This error was due to a corrupted object.

For my part it was an existing explorer view set, because during the upgrade we havn't upgraded explorer version. So I advise you to search what is being problematic at the metadata (CMS database) and Repository files.

Regards,

Larbi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well E2E traces did not help me here since the actual error appears on IPad.

Also enabling traces on SAP BI Mobile App captured following errors:

|E|: [ConnectionFactory.m createConnectionHelper: 74] Invalid Connection Type Specified

|E|: [MobiDatabase.m insertCategory:forConnection:toBeSynced: 4489] ERROR while inserting the category: , constraint failed

However, I managed to solve the issue only after reinitializing CMS database.

Thanks,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chetan,

that surely is boggling!!

Would it not have worked, if we could remove the Mobile components using modify installation and then reinstalling the same.

would it not remove all entries regarding mobile from the CMS db

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh Yes !!

That's a very good point but, need someone to Test it.

I couldn't have tested that as customer was in a hurry to Go-Live on their PROD environment.

But would be interested to know the output of your suggestion

Thanks,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same error.  Has anyone had any success with this yet?

It is directly related to the upgrade - worked yesterday, upgraded last night from 4.0 to 4.1, doesn't work now.

Don't see any reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul, do you try whit modify installation of the mobile components?

We have the same issue whit mobile after 4.1 SP1 upgrade installation on the production server, do have any one a solution?

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Burga,

It varies.

As this is not a general bug noted

hence, you can try to modify the installation and remove the mobile components, finish the installation

Post that, do modify again and check the mobile components

Regards,\

Atul B

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Matthew,

in our case we installed Patch 2 for 4.1 SP1 and it worked. But i think if you do a repair installation it could helped but if had never test it.

A normal redeploy of the mobile components didn´t fix my error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Carsten for this update.

I am not able to reproduce it in my test environment.

But as a quick workaround, patch upgrade can be tested if repair/modify installation OR CMS database reinitialize is not an option.

Thanks,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working with SAP engineer on this.  He is trying to recreate with the developers but thinks this (in my case anyway) is a bug.  I'll update when I know more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matthew. Will await your feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I am working on a similar support ticket now.

Need to enable all kinds of traces to see what's happening.

May be E2E trace would help as Durga said.

Thanks,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try using a simulator (may be android) from a desktop and see if you can connect.

Also I will suggest setting up a end to end trace which might shed some lights whats going on..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

I have exactly the same issue. After upgraded our BO to 4.1, we encountered the same issue with the same error message in our production system.

We did it (upgrade to 4.1) before in our development system but all worked fine (all, including the BI Mobile App).

I think that the problem is in a corrupted file too.

I did a cross check between my 2 systems but i don't find any difference for the moment...

So, if you have any news on this issue, thanks to share it.

If anybody know the solution ... ?

Regards,

Larbi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please create a support message for this.

Also enable the logs if the logs are not enabled also start a trace for the Mobile BI server. Once trace is generated you would be in a better place to find the root cause.

To set the log level, perform the following steps:

1. Log on to the mobile application on iPad.

2. Under Settings, choose Logs.

3. You see the following settings for the logs:

• Enable Logs: If you want to generate logs for your activities, toggle the button state to ON.

• Clear Logs: Tap this option if you want to clear the logs.

• Select a minimum log level: Select the required log level to define how the system enters details

in the log file:

Error: Logs error and fatal errors

Warnings: Logs warning messages in addition to normal and fatal error messages.

Debug: Logs the trace information in addition to medium and low log level details.

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i used the log file and found the following error:

|E|: [MobiDatabase.m insertCategory:forConnection:toBeSynced: 4489] ERROR while inserting the category: , constraint failed

2013-10-18 07:36:55.169 SAP BusinessObjects Mobile[1299:7c03]

Does anybody could say something to this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it could be because of the some communication issue while entering the connection details

I am sure, you must have redeployed the mobileapp war file on ther server after clearing the cache from tomcat/work/catalina/localhost!

Is the ipad on IOS7?

Are you checking a standard report based on efashion universe ( default )?

You do not get any errors, if you run the same report from Launchpad?

does the connection between the ipad and mobile server involve, reverse proxy? firewalls? etc

Regards,

Atul B

carsten_ziemann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey,

sorry but i think you didn´t understand the problem because i didn´t see any report. I didn´t get the error if i run a report because i see no reports i get the error message if i refresh the list of reports.

I deleted cache and redeployed mobileapp war but no changes. iPad runs on IOS6 but i get the same error with an iPhone which runs on IOs7.

I think there no firewall or proxy problem. Everythink works fine bevor upgrading the platform with 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if its a specific issue post upgrade, its good to create a support incident with SAP

It might be a specifc bug