Did you mean: 

SAP Standard Program for applying 'Reason For Rejection'

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My regards and best wishes to you!!

I have following issue with my client:

These guys have around 1200 sales orders and they want them to get rejected(by applying Reason for rejection in line item)

Now as we all can understand we do not want them to done manualy.

Can anyone please suggest me about some such program/report provided by SAP for doing this job.

We have Orders for which billing (Order related billing has been done) /  accounting generated and cleared.

Right now we may think of designing a custom program but we are only looking for SAP Standard.

Please help and advise!!

Thank you so much for your suggestions in advance.

Thanks

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First thing is if billing has been done completely then line item reason for rejection will be in display mode and you cant enter any reason for rejection.

Second thing is if you really want to enter reason for rejection in completely processed orders then you can change the quantity of line items and then you will be able to see reason for rejection field editable. After this you would be able to enter some reason for rejection.

For entering reason for rejection you can use VKM3. Enter order numbers in selection and execute. In output you will see the select all button and Reject button. From there you can enter reason for rejection in one step to hundreds or thousands of orders.

PS: I just want to know why the status of orders is still open when they are completely processed. Did you check the route cause of this issue? May be some completion rule in item category or some other settings??

Thank$

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Ah Ok, I have entered reason for rejection for already billed orders here maybe since the process is a service process and so the Reason for rejection can be entered without changing the order quantity.

And VKM3 works for me directly here.

I went to the orders and checked them via VA02 and it showed me with reason for rejection which i choosed.

Let me know what i did is correct?

And about your question the answer lies in the discussion trail which i told to Lakshmipathi.

Thanks for replying, i am amazed and very good to hear our neighbors are so talented with SAP skills, very good work keep it up. My best wishes with you.

Thanks

Kaushik

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What you did is absolutely right.

For service base billing I am not sure and I have to check. May be it works like that what you said.

Since we are neighbors so we should help each other I am always amazed to see my neighbors everywhere in SAP and in every country as well

Thank$

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

If Only Sales Order is there , I mean not completely invoiced then you can try this steps as follow for assigning "Reason of rejection" for multiple Sales Order.

Steps 1 : Go to T-Code : MASS and put Object Type : BUS2032 (Execute).

Steps 2 : Select the table in which you want to do the changes. Most probably as per your requirement, you can use 

MASSDPOSVBKD table.

Select and click on Field tab. (MASSVBAP-ABGRU) and execute it.

Steps 3 : Put the sales Order Number and Item Number in it. Execute it. after that you can add the reason of rejection in it and save it.

I Hope this will help you .

Note : I also think that this is already there in SAP SDN Link with some different name. Just have look into it.

Regards,

Kundan

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Infect I also have similar requirement. In above solution given, user should be knowing that which Orders he wants to close.

In My client, Business Requirement is like Select Partially Billed Billing Documents and Assign reason for rejection and program should be run in bacground on daily basis.

Can we run MASS in bacground?

Regards,

MJ.

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kundan,

This indeed is a very useful information. Thankyou so much!

But the orders are fully invoiced and accounting cleared.

By some chance will this also work for those?? As you wrote no in your post.

Can we think of something else for applying RFR in those already billed orders?

Please advise!

Thanks

Kaushik

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can we think of something else for applying RFR in those already billed orders?

For already completed orders, why do you want to assign reason for rejection ?  Nevertheless, even if you assign, there wont be any effect due to that.

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kundan Vishwakarma

Please dont post in such BOLD LETTERS.  Post in normal fonts

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Nice to near form you!

I agree with your comment and appreciate it .

But still the client looks for rejecting the orders.

Reason is according to their previous configuration settings i.e. SD document category being intercompany(Which was not correct) and the billing was done order related.

So the order status were never closed (always open) even if the billing was done completely.

Now we made proper settings to Debit memo and works fine for newly orders.

They somehow want to apply reason for rejection to those previously created orders which are still open.

I gave them solution to use a custom program which will close the order status to completed but that was not accepted. Now they look for rejecting.

Please advise.

Thanks

Kaushik

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can try Reason for Rejection via MASS which has already been suggested.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I have a question here,

I tried the steps mentioned in the documentation posted by Kundan.

In the step 4, when i am selecting the range of orders the system is not recognizing the orders and gives a message cannot be found, but then i am giving the range of orders in both 'data record to be changed' & 'data record to be created', then system is recognizing those orders and the line item rejection screen is appearing.

I also went to the orders and checked. They were rejected.

Here is am using 'data record to be created' tab also so is this the right way to do so?

Thanks

Kaushik

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. As long as your query is not addressed, please dont close it with "Answered".
  2. Coming to your query 'data record to be created', no, you have to select the other one 'data records to be changed'.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying Lakshmi Ji,

I understand that point is When i am giving the sales order entry in the (Data record to be changed tab) system is not able to fetch the data and not going to the next screen and it is throwing an error saying " No data meet the selection criteria".

And when i am giving data in both the tabs then only system is going to the next screen of Mass Maintenance.

I guess this is ony the procedure to full both tabs at a time with same sales order numbers or ranges and then execute. As this is working for me here.

I am still afraid that system is not going for creating a new set of orders by doing this. To reconfirm i did this in Dev and went to SE16 and checked for number of entries exists for the order number and it was just one, so no new orders created i guess.

So i guess what we trying to do here is correct.

Please advise.

Thanks

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for those billed, there's nothing to do... try pending sales orders, tcode MASS (BUS2032)

Regards,

JM

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kaushik,

Orders are invoiced means, is it partial invoicing or complete? If complete, I feel it is not right approach to reject already accounted orders. Can you please explain your requirement in details?

Thanks,

Vinod.

former_member218287
Participant
0 Kudos

Completely billed and Also accounting cleared.

Means process wice its completed.

Please advise.

Thanks

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.