Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-initialization mandatory when adding new key figures to planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

I have a question concerning the extension of a planning area with key figures:

I create 2 new key figures and want to add them to the planning area. Via /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN -> Change Planning area -> Tab key figures, I see my key figures on the right side of the screen:

How can I add the key figure to the planning area - arrow buttons are grey - so, is it mandatory that I have to de-initialize the planning area to add the key figrues? It is a bit risky in Prod system although I will do a saving of the planning area data in an infocube.

Please confirm whether there is no other possibility instead of de-initialize the planning area and loose all planning area data for a while.

Thanks and kind regards

Heinz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Heinz,

I had done similar activity about a month ago. Process I followed was:

1. Delete Time series objects for PA in Development system

2. Carryout KF changes

3. Create Time series objects

4. Create Transport request

5. De-initialize the PA in target system

6. Move the transport

7. Initialize PA in target system after TR is moved

8. If there are multiple systems in landscape through which TR has to move then same logic should be followed in each system

I don't know if there are ways to achieve your requirement without de-initializing the PA. I had read somewhere that for SNP keyfigures it is compulsary to delete and re-generate time series objects.

Regards,
Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, From SCM7.0, you do not need to de-initialize the planning area for adding new key figures.

To do so, you just right click on your planning area in /sapapo/msdp_admin, select "change key figure settings".

Then you can add/change the key figure setting as you want.

But this change is not transportable between systems -- you can of course transport it, but it will cause inconsistency in target system. So if you have to do the same actions in each system, instead of using transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your replies which helped a lot!

Best regards

Heinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heinz

Assuming you are talking about a DP Planning area - Begining SCM 5.0 you do not have to de-initialize a Planning Area to add Key Figures (or to change settings).

When in Change Planning Area --> In the Menu choose - Extras --> Key Figure Settings. Then add your Key Figures and Execute.

Do this when there are no users, since this process locks the planning area. And it might be a good idea to do a Infocube backup before you do this. Also, try it in a non-Production system first.

Also a couple of things to remember - You cannot transport these changes with /SAPAPO/TSOBJ. So you must manually make them in every system in your landscape. Also, consider whether planning area datasources need to be modified and transported.

Rishi Menon