cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi we have recently upgraded some of our machines to windows 7 64bit boxes and have come across some problems with one of our z programmes that uses the client SAP FTP programme.

What happens is, users will place files onto one of our application servers into the feeder directories, they will then go onto the SAP gui and run the z programme. This produces them a slectable line display, so the click the input help bubble and it shoudl take them to a screen so they then slect the files they want to send hit execute and then those files are FTP across to an external server.

What is happening is as soon as the user hits the button to get the input ghelp box up, the SAP Gui is freezing completley and the session has to be terminated. I have come across a post that mentions windows firewall rules which we have put in but this has had no joy.

Has anyone else come across this problem?? Do we have any ideas on how to fix

or alternativley do we have to use the client SAP FTP programme, is there anything else we could use, i.e a sap ftp programme on the app server??

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both thanks for some answers, we have tried disabling windows firewall completlety and still having the same problem.

@Yves i will have a look at the reports thankyou. Yes the actual GUI freezes but only the current window they have open if they have another session open that carrys on working fine. The system is not actually performing the FTP at this point it freezes when trying to conatct the app server the files are based on, it should then bring them up in a list the user slects the file they are interested in and then executes the transaction which performs the FTP. It as at the point of trying to select the file the system freezes. We are using the SAP FTP client on the host machine

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

It looks to be a problem with Windows firewall. Could you disable it and check the results.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm not sure this can be related to Windows firewall, you mean the GUI get frozen while the program is supposed to send a file through FTP ?

You are calling an ftp client running on the sapgui host or on the SAP server ?

There is an SAP Ftp client and you should use it.

Hope this helps

Best regards

93042 - Problems with SAPFTP

Some useful reports

RSFTP001SAPFTP information (version)
RSFTP002Execute FTP Command
RSFTP003FTP put / get Test
RSFTP004FTP Copy
RSFTP005SAPFTP check - Regenerate TcpIp RFC dest SAPFTPA
RSFTP006FTP command list