cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing SMARTFORM From Multiple Pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have received a very peculiar printing requirement and am not sure if its possible in SAP. I have gone through many posts on this forums but haven't been able to find a satisfactory solution or a pointer to a possible solution.

Basically I have an output generated from a delivery. This creates a spool with say 3 pages.

I have a printer which has 3 trays with different color papers say Red Blue And Green.

The single spool is printed as multiple copies from SP02.

The requirement is that the output should be in the form and sequence given below:

If 3 Copies are requested.

Page 1 (red) - Tray 1

Page 1 (Blue) - Tray 2

Page 1 (Green) - Tray 3

Page 2 (red) - Tray 1

Page 2 (Blue) - Tray 2

Page 2 (green) - Tray 3

Page 3 (red) - Tray1

Page 3 (Blue) - Tray 2

Page 3 (green) - Tray 3

Of course if the number of copies increases the outputs will increase.

Basically I need to cycle through the trays for each page based on the number of copies.

Is there any way of doing this? The only thing that comes to mind is to write a separate program and read the spool then split it into multiple copies and print each to a different tray based on the copy number.

Please can someone share some ideas on this ..

Many Thanks,

Preet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

antony_paul2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can try this but am not sure

1. Try creating 3 Pages in the Smartforms with the same content.

2. At the end of the 1st page create a COMMAND to call the 2nd page. Here you can specify the TRAY01/02/03 in the Include Printer Control

3. Do the same process at the end of 2nd page to call the 3rd page with the correct TRAY

Hope this works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi preet,

I think this method is helpful to u. this will work if the user puts the papers in the sequence red blue green in all the 3 trays of the printer.Now go to ur smartform. Let us suppose that ur smart form has 3 pages. Double click on each page goto output options tab then give TRY01 in RESOURCE NAME. in Second page output options tab TRY02 and in third page TRY03.Now if u give print 3 copies it will come in the similar way u have requested.Hope this helps.try01 means tray one of ur printer...like wise try02 and try03. If you have any queries get back to me. Reward if helpful.

Thanks.

sam.

Message was edited by: Sam.

sam blue

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 3 trays being used at present with legacy software. We want to move to SAP fully. Unfortunately the option of pre-collated papers i.e. sets of R-G-B colored papers beign fed into each tray is the last option we will try if nothing else is possible.

I want to exhaust all possibilities for the issue before we go to that option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi peet,

every thing is clear wht but, i have small query.. it is clear that u need 3 copies of same print, but each copy from different tray. along with this dou you want saparate spools also?

there is a way to achive this calling the from 3 times with differen output device.for the same printer...

with single output device we can't print in 3 different tray..

1. create 3 output device in SPAD.. with the same printer name but different trays.

2. if u r using the standard print pogram then copy this modify... as follows... call the smartform 3 times.... by passing different output divice for each copy...

u can do in this way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I already considered this solution. Unfortunately, my requirement is dependent on copies being printed from different trays. As mentioned if a spool contains 3 pages then it should print tray1, 2 and 3 for EACH page. But if I print multiple copies i.e. 3x2 copies say then it should print Page1 on 3 trays, then page2 on 3 trays and page3 on 3 trays. This I think cannot be done via the method you suggest. Please correct me if wrong.

My further restriction is that this printout is defined via output type for delivery and needs to take place without any user intervention.

Thanks for your reply though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi preet,,

do u want to print each copy in differnt color page or each page with different copy.

if u can read my solution wht i am syaing is suppose u wanto print 4 pages per copy.

1st copy will be printed from Tra1 (blue).

2nd copy will trigger from Tray2(green)

3nd copy will trigger from Tray3(Red)

i am here considering the copies not pages r u getting. instead of getting the spool and prining agin this will be better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

for your information<b> i am considering the COPIES only</b> not the page count

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is not standard way to achieve this. As you have mentioned your post itself, the only way to do this is to write custom program, which read the spool and then print it as per your requirement.

I will let you know if you i find anything else.

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way of reading a spool with a specific page? I mean that given the spool number, I get a spool which has 3 pages. Is there any way to separate those pages as page1 2 and 3 into different internal tables?

I have not been able to find any relevant function modules for splitting up the spool by page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi preet,

there is field in output options but OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDNEWID it is for new spool for each print.

can you please tell wht u r planning to do with this spool ids. however the papers will arrange in 3 trays. have you tried my solution... it works. i dont find other solution ot achive this..

Former Member
0 Kudos

OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDNEWID in Smartforms possible ?

This option is available in the printing program, but if the program sends data to the smartforms

were the next page is triggered, you have no way of intervening.

Is there a way in Smartforms to trigger a new spoolid between page breaks ?

I need one spoolid per page.