cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the language in Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I created several Smart Forms to print the bills, now when I print a bill I can choose the "layout" and print it.

I did a translation to another language of this SmartForms with the transaction SE63.

Now I want to print these bills in this other language but I can´t find this option in VF02!. How can I set a different language for the SmartForm? (the smartform gets the language from the NAST table, field SPRAS).

I tried with the Output Type, creating a new Output Type with this another language, but the symbol is displayed in yellow and then when I try to print the bill this new output type does not appear in the options.

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Check this thread where similar topic was discussed

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Robert Buch,

I've few options in my mind for the same. Change the language value in Header Output of VF02 as invoice is normally driven by that same default language however your output type should be activated for automatic proposal. You need to specify the language for all texts modules in your smart form as NAST-SPRAS after that translate the same text modules via SE63. Don't forget to maintain all languages texts as text modules and call the same in your smart forms. If in case there are two languages that needs to be called depending upon the requirement then you can create different smart forms by making the necessary language translation settings and maintaining the database table with language key specific text. Apply the condition if SY-LANGU = (your desired language) then smart form 1 will be called else smart form 2 will be called. I'm not sure if you will be okay with this but at least give it a try. Thanks and don't forget to hit back with your updates. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

At the outset, in your Smartform, in Form Attributes, in Translate subscreen, Into all languages or Into Selected Languages radiobutton should be checked.

Then, as per your input, I assume you have maintained SE63 and saved active.

In VF02, GoTo ------> Header --------> Output, enter the Language as the language in which you want the output to appear and save the document, after filling the logical destination in the Communication Method.

This should enable you to print the bill in the required language.

Thanks

Pronojit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to create condition record for the required language in NACE transaction (NACE -> select application V3-billing -> select appropriate output type -> select billing type -> then maintain the required details) for the required output type and then assign the appropriate smart form to that output type in "processing routines".

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi