Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table TVCPA Billing Type not maintained

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am checking the table TVCPA in SE16N. In that table I can see the combination of Source and Target Sales Order type, but the Billing Type is blank.

How can I maintain the Billing Type in this table.

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

The Table TVCPA is Sales Documents: Copying Control.

Here, the FKARV field is Reference Billing Document type i.e., When you copy one document into another, the system checks the billing type of the source document and determines the billing type for the target document.

Example:

When you use a debit memo as the source document, the system automatically proposes that the target document has the billing type of a cancellation.

For Billing: Copying control you can check the table TVCPF.

I hope the below link may more useful to you.

http://www.se80.co.uk/saptables/t/tvcp/tvcpa.htm

Thanks

Anand Kumar KS

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you maintained billing type in VOFA?

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I have maintained the Billing type in VOFA.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

This table stores data related to Copy control - Billing type to Sales document type.

For example: F2, TAN > RE, REN

To maintain copy control, Billing type > Sales document type; VTAF.

Maintain in VTAF and then you can see that in this table.

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to maintain the Sales Order and Billing type in VTAF, but the data is not visible after I save in VTAF. I dont know why this is happening.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If that is the case ,meet your Basis guy on this and explain this issue to him.He is the right person to do.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Paste the screnshot of VTAF.

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the screen shot as requested.

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to know, if VTAF is blank, then how other Billing types like F2 etc are copied when I am creating VA01 with reference to Billing Document number. There is no error.

When I checked the table TVCPA in SE16, I could see that the ZREW (Return Sales Order) is assigned to Billing Type F2. While there is no Billing type ZWAR assigned to ZREW. Which is why the system is not able to copy from ZWAR.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

First thing is that you are working in a Sandbox system. In these systems lot of "experimentation" takes place.

Ideally entries are created with t-code VTAF and that information goes and sits in table TVCPA.

If the entry is in the table, then the sales order with ref. to billing document can be created. Like for example - F2 > ZREW

I would suggest you leave this problem, as this is a problem related to test system and people doing all sorts of things in it.

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry, I stated Sand Box here, I am using Sand Box and development client which has the updated Production clients data and configuration. I am doing testing for a new process. The configuration is complete and not touched. So there is minimal chance of changing the config settings. Even if that is changed I can change the settings. But I am not able to find the real problem.

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

If you have seen the screen shot, you will be knowing what is the problem. I tried creating new data in the VTAF screen, but after I save, it again disappears, I dont know why.

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Also, if this problem is not resolved I cannot complete the testing cycle.