cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Productive system HW migration SMSY changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've performed system copy of productive system, now it's on onother server.

In transaction SMSY in Landscape components I've created the new server. The Database is already on the old productive server and also in Product Systems - SAP ECC productive system is on old server.

Can you please advice what is the best way how to change the server for the productive system?

Should I delete the database and recreate this line or there is a way to change just the server? I tried and this row it's not changeable in Database component and in Product SAP ECC system.

Thank you in advance.

BR,

Ruzica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruzica,

For your words i think that you are on solution manager 701 or below, if you are on 7.1 you are not allowed to use smsy transaction.

As for your questions:

Can you please advice what is the best way how to change the server for the productive system?

Delete all data in smsy that you have create manually, the best way to create data in solution manager is using data providers as SLD, RZ70, or Visual Administrator, you can send system data from managed system to SLD and after download that data to solution manager with sld jobs sync (i don't remember now the sync job for 701 solmna).

Should I delete the database and recreate this line or there is a way to change just the server?

delete all 😉

best regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

Yes I'm on 701 SolMan

I guess the best way is SOLMAN_SETUP . What you think?

I've started SOLMAN_SETUP and now on the Initial Configuration I'm on the step 3, to J2EE & SLD configuration. When I click the 1.Start Configuration , Browser opened the link :

http://solman:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/........

But I'm getting "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" because the server solman don't listens on port 50000.

What should I set in /etc/services file ? Or something else should be done.

Thank you in advance.

BR,
Ruzica

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you manually change the port to be 5<nn>00 to verify if that sicf service is also active in your system?

Also it may be easier to just manually change the port on the pop up browser then to track down what piece of code is referencing 50000. 

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SolMan 7.1 that is running SP01/02/03/04 still have the ability to edit all items within SMSY....Next step get everyone on SP10 so we can be rid of SMSY!!! 

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruzica,

solman_setup is for check if you have some points to check if your solman is already running, near to solman_setup there is a link for "managed system setup" that you have to follow to complete the connection of each system.

Check the connection point of that post, maybe it help you:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45344

for smsy issue after your managed system copy, follow that steps:

1. Delete all entries in smsy that  are parts of the system, server, database, logical component, etc...
  2. Go to managed system and open RZ70, point to your solman SLD and execute
  3. Go to solman and on se38 an run program "SMSY_FETCH_SYSTEM_UPDATE"
  4. After that the system will be created on SMSY, and you need to add to a new logical component and a Solution

Regards,

Luis

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jajaja Billy, smsy is not recommend to make changes on 7.1 but is still there, and still ise the same table from old 701, a lot of people tell that SMSY will be removed complete from solution manager but i think that this will be in around 2020 year, now a day there is a lot of solman functionality that still need smsy information.

What about a post about hot to change SMSY data on solman 7.1 😉 hacking the popup message ^^, on SP8 i can't find an option to edit server, product system and technical system data ( i miss the RFC screen on product system ) that was use to access to manages system's sm59 .

BR,

luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLD is working http://solman:54000/sld

But the link from 1.Start Configuration if I change with system number , Error: 500 Internal Server Error.

Tnx,
Ruzica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

In my managed system in RZ70 I don't have properlly configured SLD...

There is nothing set here.

If I delete from SMSY , then can I manually create everything from  SolMan system?

Tnx in advance.

BR,
Ruzica

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are getting a HTTP 500 error for your SLD page, it makes me curious if you have a working SLD at the moment on Solution Manager?

Do you have any shortdumps or syslog messages that might provide some more info on the 500 error?

Also do you have the authorizations to work in the SLD?

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I avoid SMSY as much as a I can, its slow and clunky, I mainly use it for solutions and logical components; I may on occasion view the system data if I need to track down a landscape problem, but that right now is rare...at least until I get my hands on that CRT SP for ST!!

I also agree with smsy being around for longer then its needed, but at least remove my ability to get to it and just have system accounts use it, imo.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruzica, try that:

x.x.x.x           ->         is the saprouter to acces to your solman

if the system is in the same land that the managed system, you can use that:

host:     solmanserver

service: 3299

BR,

Luis

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SP10 if I am gonna miss anything that would be SMSY; used to this for quite  a long time.. but anyway change is here and we got to adopt ... story of a SAP Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Luis,

I've tried RZ70 from development system and I got

The SLD server connection is inactive

In SLDCHECK there is the problem:

Exchange Infrastructure: Test LCR Connection

RFC destination SAPSLDAPI does not exist
=> Create the RFC destination by using transaction SM59!

Summary: Connection to SLD does not work
=> Check SLD function and configurations

I guess I need to start with SLD configuration from start and prepare everything.

Also I've to set appropriate for the LMDB database.

Do you have some start from screatch document for SLD and LMDB configuration? I'll start with SAP notes 1669649 and 1755172.

Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Ruzica

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruzica,

Check that post from  Stephanie about LMDB faq's:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29495

And that on for SLD

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-sld

Best regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luis,

These are very good links,.

I'll try it.

BR,

Ruzica

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you go in the server tab in SMSY when you change the server tab rather than database tab. The server name should be in the host file for the solution manager it should come with new details.

As the database is same i don't thing you need to delete it.

You will have to check if you need to recreate the RFC destination in product ECC.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol