cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM Password reset task - Authentication failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured Password reset task in IC as mentioned in the SAP document. I am receiving Authentication Failed after providing answer to security questions. Please refer my attachment. Any idea what could be the reason behind the error?

Regards,

Dhiman Paul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dhiman,

The user will not be told why a password reset attempt failed due to security reasons. Following may cause it to fail:

1. The unique ID provided in step 1(normally MSKEYVALUE) is invalid.

2. At least one of the authentication questions in step 2 is not answered correctly. >> Attribute MX_AUTHQ_nnn.

3. Too many failed password reset attempts. >> Attribute MX_FAILEDRECOVER, see also note 1639175.

4. The user has not answered enough questions. >> defined in the task.

Please you should can find the relevant configuration details from the password reset implementation guide

BR, Keith

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith and Steffi,

We have configured our password reset task following the implementation guide. I have attached screenshot of our configuration. There nothing in the Password reset job log.

I have seen one error log inside Job folder. Log file is also attached.

Let me know if you observe something wrong.

Thanks,

Dhiman Paul.

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dhiman,

From your configuration, it seems currently "Min.no of validation answers" is 1 while "No of answers required" is 5. It is recommanded that "Min.no of validation answers" is equal or higher than "No of answers required"(also reference to the guide). But I guess this should not cause the authentication error here.

For the job log, it should be your password reset failed task which runs ToASCII pass. It should be run when the reset attempt already failed(defined on the reset task config). So this should not be relevant to the authentication error here either.

Have you checked the 4 points in my last reply, which could cause this authentication error?

BR, Keith

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhiman,

didn't you get any error in the log of the task in the Management Console?

Regards,

Steffi.