cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Warehouse in one plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one storage location in a plant. But in same plant there are Two warehouses, which are far away from each other.

How can I assign the these two warehouses to plant & storage location combination.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

SS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandip ,

You can try using any of below

N001 - > RM01 - > W11

N001 - > RM02 - > W12

or

N001 - > RM01 -> W11

N001 - >RM02 - > W11

You need to have differentiation of inventory at inventory management level to dictate different physical location either by storage location of by plant.

N001- > RM01 - > W11

N001 -> RM01 -> W12 is not possible in SAP , same locations  cant be defined for two different warehouse.

Please educate client , hope it helps . kindly revert incase of any query's.

Thanks

Jinoy

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

you can assign only one warehouse to the combination of plant/storage location. You can see it in IMG under:

Enterprise structure -->assignment --> logistic execution

Anyway, the idea to assign 2 warehouses to the same storage location and to the same plant sounds a little bit strange.

I would consider to make 2 plants or at least 2 storage locations...

Regards

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

I have already assigned one warehouse to one storage location and plant combination.

I can not have one more plant or storage location for 2nd warehouse.

But anyhow in real scenario there are two warehouses under same plant.

Regards,

SS

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Of course you can have 2 warehouse under the same plant, but not with the same storage location-

The strange thing is that 2 the warehouses are far from each other and you want to put them under the same plant/storage location.

anyway look at this blog post:

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/scm-logistics-execution/blog/2012/12/27/possible-combinations-of-wa...

regards

Claudio

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, and it can of course make sense to have two warehouses at the same location and for the same plant. But then you can have one warehouse number - which is a bad decision, because then warehouse internal movements mean you have to move the material from one building to the other and you should not do that. So you keep two warehouse numbers - but then you need two storage locations. Why do you have two warehouse numbers? That should be then reflected in the storage locations.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mate,

I have two warehouse in same plant and both are not in same place.

For Example :

Plant - N001

Storage location - RM01 (only one)

1st Warehouse no. - W11

2nd Warehouse no. - W12  (both WH are far from each other)

I have assigned W11 --> RM01 --> N001.

I want to assign W12 with plant N001.

I can not create a new storage location for this.

This is my client's requirement.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sandip

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately it is not possible.

I suggest you to refer also to standard documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/f838d24afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm?frame...

Regards

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the concept of your given document. Thanks for that.

I know this is not possible to assign both WH under same storage location.

But, I have concluded that, need to create a virtual storage location (as RM02) under the plant N001.

And will assign the W12 --> RM02 --> N001.

I think my requirement will get fulfil. 

Thanks,

SS

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is a "virtual storage location"? You have a storage location and have material in it. If it is "virtual" and you have no material in this storage location, you also have not material in the warehouse number.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your reply. I have material in 2nd Warehouse.

So could you please suggest batter solution on my above query.

Thanks,

SS

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I think that what you requirement cannot be fulfilled. Creating a new storage location and assign a warehouse number to it makes no sense if you don't have stock on that storage location.

I think that the discussion shoudl be moved to another level...I mean: can you please explain why it is not possible to have 2 storage locations? What is the requirement?

Claudio

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can not suggest a better solution (simply because there is none, technically it is not possible). Claudio is right with his questions: what is the requirement? Why not two storage locations?

Brgds

Juergen