Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while launching RSOE for Afaria 7.0 SP3

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed Afaira Server with patch 7.0 SP3.

I have also installed Relay Server with version 12.0.1.3873

Now trying to configure Relay Server in Afaria. Entered all Relay Server information in Afaria and selected option 'Start Outbound enabler with Afaria Service'.

rsoe.config file got generated RSOutboundEnabler folder.

Edited rs.config file of Relay server and enter Afaria server farm id and token information. (This relay server is also used by SUP server).

Relay server status shows, Afaria farm unavailable.

Now when trying to launch rsoe.exe @ Afaria server, it says 'unable to create shared memory for shutdown channel'.

Please help if I am missing any configuration.

Ports are open between Afaria and Relay Server.

Thanks.

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Finally my issue with Outbound Enabler is resolved after following the Sybase KB article.

http://frontline.sybase.com/support/resolutionDetails.aspx?KBID=4575

I was entering Afaria Server address in Device communication address. After I changed it to Relay Server address with port I was able to Start Outbound Enabler service in Afaria.

It is successfully connected.

But yes, as suggested by Chetan and KB article, we need to uncheck Service option from Afaria web console. Then start from command line.

Now I am going to troubleshoot Enrolment issue which still exists, but will close this thread.

Thanks All for your help.

Regards,

Srikanth.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think This was changed with Afaria 7

Does anyone have recent article about multiple afaria server and multiple relay?

0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Also there are multiple causes for this error, the following are two examples that

may cause this issue:

1. This is caused by a duplicate Farm ID in the RSOE configuration files.
  2. This error also occurs if the output directory for the
    RSOE.exe log does not exists.
    Example:
    -cr "host=relayhost;port=80" -cs
    "host=afariahost;port=80" -f ios -id ios-id -v 1 -o "c:\Program Files
    (x86)\Afaria\bin\RSOutboundEnabler\Logs\RSOE-iOS.txt"

If the directory C:\Program Files
    (x86)\Afaria\bin\RSOutboundEnabler\Logs
    does not exists an
    “Unable to create shared memory for shutdown channel” error will be logged to
    the Windows event log.

In order to resolve this issue, you could try below stpes.

1. Change one of the Farm IDs so that there are no longer any duplicates.
  2. Verify the full path exists for the output file when specified in the
    command line for RSOE.exe.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Please check my response above.

I have verified and there are no duplicates of Farm ids. I am creating only one Farm id for Afaria and that too creating it for first time.

My Outbound enabler path is in F drive. And I am giving correct path for log file. Also when ever I am getting shared memory error in command line, same output is written to log file, which means it is finding the log file.

Can you look at my above reply and respond.

Thanks.

vobu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- from my experience, the only reliable way in Afaria SP3 HF6/7 to get the Relay Server working correctly is to have it start with startup-option "auto" in the config file. When starting the RS manually (even with Admin rights), I've seen the memory issues you mentioned happening often. When you set it to "auto", you don't need to start the RS in any way - it will auto-start once the first Outbound Enabler connects.

- for the OE-issue:

I have found that in Afaria 7 SP3 HF7, when you check the option "start outbound enabler with relay server" on the Relay Server Configuration Page in the Afaria Admin UI, the Outbound Enabler appends the characters "-IS" to the Farm ID - which results in an unsuccessful communication between Relay Server and Outbound Enabler.

Try navigating to the install directory of the Outbound Enabler and start the OE from the command line with the syntax:

rsoe.exe @"rs.config"

(rs.config is the configuration file that Afaria writes to the file system after you have configured the Relay Server)

hth, v.

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Buzek,

Thanks for your reply.

For Relay Server Staus, I have entered incorrect Afaria server id. Now I entered the correct one generated in rsoe.config file. Now Relay Server status is full. Afaria farm is available.

I have already update SP3 HF7 on Afaria server. When I enabled relay server option in Afaria, it generated two config files: rsoe.config and rsoe_isapi.config.

In rsoe.config file there is no -IS appended to Farm id but in rsoe_isapi.config file there is -IS appended to farm id.

One more point to add, Afaria Server, Enrolment Server and Package Server, all the components are installed in one server only.

So this RSOutbound enabler is in Afaria/bin folder. Do we need to place this folder in AIPS/bin and Package server/bin also?

Do I need to create separate farms for each component?

Can you tell me syntax for starting rsoe in Afaria server? How do we set start option to auto? I still get shared memory error.

Thanks,

Srikanth

vobu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You only need separate outbound enablers if you run different server components on different physical machines - meaning you only need 1 outbound enabler if you run Afaria-, Enrollment-, CA-, Access Control- and Package Server all on the same machine (like you do).

Also, you don't need to create a farm for every component - a farm allows you to group multiple Afaria instances ("Backend Servers") together. In your case, you have a single server that is the a member of a farm.

On the Afaria Server:

No need to place the rsoe.exe in AIPS/bin or any other place - just let it sit in $afaria_install_dir\server\bin\RSOutboundEnabler.

And to start it, navigate to that directory and run

rsoe.exe @"rs.config"

This reads in the config from the file rs.config

On the Relay Server:

In the install dir (default: C:\Program Files\RelayServer\ias_relay_server\server)

there's a file rs.config which is the RS config file.

Find the [options] section and change the start value to auto:

start = auto

(you can also change the verbosity setting to 5 to get plenty debug output)

hth, v.

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Changed Relay Server start options to auto.

Still not able to launch (start) rsoe. I get below message:

0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

For more details, could you please check your RSOE system's eventvwr logs?

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shared memory error appears normally many reason.

Try this.

1. Stop the Afaria server services and run the command for RSOE.config.

2. Always use the latest rsoe dll files

3. before running the command make sure to open task manager and kill all the running rsoe session

4. If you are running the command for rsoe.config file make sure Relay server option is disabled from afaria console.

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I looked at event logs in rsoe server. And there is no error.

Hi Chetan,

I am little confused now. Can you make me understand below:

1. I have entered Relay Server information in Afaria console, and enabled 'Start service with Afaria service option'. Then rsoe.config file got created in Afaria\bin\RSOutboundenabler folder.

2. I took server id and farm id information from rsoe.config and entered the same in Relay Server's rs.config file. Relay Server Availability Status is Full. It shows Afaria server available.

Is that all required for Outbound enabler configuration? If yes, then how to check the status of Outbound enabler in Afaria Server?

Running rsoe command for rsoe.config is required or not?

What is altenate to start Outbound enabler service in Afaria server?

I think rsoe 12.0.1.3579 is the latest version. And I am using this only.

Ultimately my device enrollment is failing. Our inspect URL has relayserver and farm information in it, but when I open the link for aipsservice.svc/help, it gives HTTP 400 error. Which means, Relay server is not communicating with Afaria Server.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me clear in simple way

For Android device :

We required Rsoe.config , Rsoe_ios.config two outbound enabler required to enroll the device.

However if you had tick the relay server option  from afaria console that will be (rsoe.config bydefault) so you need to run only one outbound enabler command on server that is for rsoe @rsoe_ios.config.

Note: If you are running the rsoe @ rsoe.config command on server keeping relay server option enable on afaria console it will prompt the above error (shared memory).

For IOS

We required Rsoe.config , rsoe_ios.config , rsoe_ca.config it is mandatory for IOS device to disable the relay server option from Afaria console

I will always suggest you to disable the relay server option from console ( Make sure before you disable the relay server blank all the relay server configuration details blank )

Open the task manager kill all the running process for rsoe

Stop Afaria server services : open cmd run the command for outbound enabler for rsoe.config . rose_ios, rsoe_ca, rsoe_portal( if you want to enable portal package).

Start the afaria server services.

Try this

0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

You can kill RSOE.exe process from task manager as it could be possible that old one didnt get killed during restart.

Better you start RSOE as a service seperately then starting from Afaria server.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi