cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error calling application via OLE ALVIEWER.APP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are having an issue with Archive Server. Whenever I am trying to open any stored invoice before 10th Septemeber 2013, I am getting an error "Error calling application via OLE ALVIEWER.APP" and invoice is not getting opened. The invoices which are stored after September 10, 2013, it is working fine for that. I checked with T-code OAC0 and tried to find out any issue with Content server in which the invoices are getting stored. Connection test is said to be successful; similarly certificate was sent successfully too. However I am getting another error "HTTP error:501 Not Implemented The adminContRep command is an internal SAP R/3 command and not accepted by this content repository". I believe this error is coming because we are using content Repository of which vendor is Open Text (IXOS).

In few of the discussions it has been said that it is possible that IXOS content server is not installed on local system. The content server is working well with the invoices scanned and stored after september 10. Is it still possible that content servers are not installed on system?

Similarly I believe there would not be any RFC connection error, as for now it is working fine.

Any idea why this is happening. I tried many discussions related to this error but not of much help.  Please help!

Regards,

Kumud

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to install windows image viewer in your local machine to view the files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for quick response.

If this windows image viewer is not installed on my local machine then how I am able to see latest invoices. To add, this issue is faced by many other persons. Do we need to install this image viewer to every system but as said earlier absence of this should not have allowed to let other invoices display.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Kumud

Former Member
0 Kudos

whenever you try to open a document the system automatically calls the supported application from windows environment using OLE when the system doesn't finds any suitable application then it returns a message "Error calling application via OLE ALVIEWER.APP".

You are saying that some invoices are opening and some not, then i believe you are using two different content repositories for invoices. check the content repository for the latest invoice and compare the same with old one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks. I am not able to see any stored invoice but the user is able to see invoices before September 2.  I will try installing windows image viewer on my system.

One more question- Do I need to get any specific image viewer installed like LiveLink Imaging 9.5 or windows Image viewer provided by Microsoft will work as well?

(Apology if its a non sense question as I am new to this).

Regards,

Kumud

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kumud Ranjan,

Have you using open text image viewer for display??

Http 501 : not implemented   it seems like an internal server error .Let me know its resolved or not.

Regards,

chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chandu,

I believe currently I do not have Open Text Image viewer installed at my system.

This HTTP error I am getting when I go to T-code OAC0 and open a content repository of vendor IXOS. This error is still showing on.

Regards,

Kumud

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumud Ranjan,

Can you post OAC0 screen shot and tell me how you are testing. First we need to correct basic things than after automatically everything will come.

Regards,

Chandu.

Answers (0)